how to maximize learning at B-School?

abhi_simsr

CAN u people help me in maximizing the learning at Bschool. ur advice requested. May be these advice can be helpful to others also.

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
Sure we can help abhi,

Here are a few suggestions from my side :

1. Many students in b schools believe totally in the theory taught there without giving it a second thought. So whatever is taught there, Be analytical , keep those brains in action.

2. I have heard many B schoolers say that they have to take extra effort to " unwind " from the teachings they got frm there. So, while you learn have a practical approach .
Eg : The dabbawalas have six sigma, but that doesnt mean that you as a HR manager , hire them to work for the logistics of your company.

What I am trying to say is, Dont be a bookworm, dont believe in everything thats written in the books or in what your prof says. Everyone is human and can make mistakes , have your own experiments, stand for your own thoughts .

Oh and read " Five Point Someone " . Have heard its a really hillarious book about 3 IITians who make it big after havin a ball and get suspended for really funny reasons.

Take the B school as a means to facilitate learning for you, not and end .

Well, thats my bit of advice.

saumynavit

basically by indulging in co curricular activities such b-plan contest(participating as well as organizing),knowledge sharing etc. in particular fields u may go 4 certifications such as CFA,FRM. Also live projects would be icing on the cake