Process Oriented or Quality Oriented

sony2007

Many of the companies to achieve quality are following the process but int the end both of these are sacrificed to complete the job in hand. Most of them are following six sigma, lean methods, etc and are in race with others. My experience is that all are following something but they are not able to deliver the result in time. I have worked in a lean environment but instead of reducing waste we are compromising on time. Is there a need to follow all of this, what is your opinion?

kaditya

Process is something which would define the parameters we would work under. Once the processes are defined then it is important to focus on QUALITY as it would focus on efficiency

deepakraam

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Even in normal chores there is a process being followed.So talking about an organisation,process becomes indispensable.Process is formed to make the quality a better.So when there is a compromise in the quality,every organisation has to take a relook at the process.There will be a flaw in one the stages like employee skill level or employee involvement level.So the organisation has to address the issues pertaining and thereby improve the quality of the end product.It a continous learning cycle.When a particular project is not able to deliver on time -mistake could have happened either at the planning phase or one of the implementation stages could have consumed more time.So it is upto the project manager to identify the weak area and work on it.

-Deepak.