Finally.. Water is found outside our planet

Water is found on Moon.

NASA says: Water on moon is something of a holy grail.

We are absorbing... or say utilising all resources and finding aother ways... other planets where we can settle down, transport the resources back to earth for our survival. I remember the movie... War of Worlds, Silver Surfer... Both movies shows how aliens are in search of resources of there need and they destroy other planets to complete there needs.

What do you think of our resource consumption? If we have a human colony on Moon by 2025, then are we going to settle till Moon only or we should go ahead with Mars and many other more planets?

vikram chawla

Vikram Chawla
well...first of all it is a great achievement for India for having discovered water on the moon...as the todays head lines say...it is a big step for INDIA and a giant leap for mankind..
now there would be more and more researches on the possibility of life on moon..as the news come,,right now ...researchers will be having robotic missions to moon...and the human missions can only start by 2020...

and yes soon..we might be thinking of having travelling plans to moon...having a human colony can become a reality soon...

Kalpana Heliya

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I think we shud try to create human colonies, excavate other planets for the same. But try to make those planets a better place to live in...do donot degrade those ecosystems...with pollution, greed, poverty, misery.

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
First fulfil the basic requirements of food clothing and shelter for the countrymen, then splurge 78 million $ on space missions that find water on moon.

We cannot protect a TAJ hotel in our own country and we want to protect mankind a gazillion years from now.

shivapillai

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
we are better off on the mother earth... we have done enough damage to her... we have destroyed most of her jewels (deforrestation), killed most of her babies (extinction), given her a lot of pain (world war, terrorism), made life difficult for her as well as for ourselves (global warming) and we are still not done...
she's gone through a lot of suffering since the evolution of mankind... most of the times, she was quiet and accepted all the hardships that mankind had imposed...
however, sometimes when it is not bearable and we test the limits, we have to face the consequences...

having said that.. what Mother Earth has suffered, no other LIVING planet should suffer

vikram chawla

Vikram Chawla
First fulfil the basic requirements of food clothing and shelter for the countrymen, then splurge 78 million $ on space missions that find water on moon.

We cannot protect a TAJ hotel in our own country and we want to protect mankind a gazillion years from now.

Well i still feel it is a great achievement by India...our researchers should be complimented on this success...if we have the technology and brains to make such a big discovery...we can certainly have some resources spend on this...
we just cant be pessimist about everything our government does...
food, shelter , clothing..yes they are important and i believe our government is doing their bit to fulfill the requirement...but we also need to contribute to mankind...this also gives India a global recognition..and also contributes to the overall growth of the nation...which breaks the western myth of Indians being snake charmers..!!!

i am proud of the our researchers and scientists and the chandrayaan mission...

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
Well i still feel it is a great achievement by India...our researchers should be complimented on this success...if we have the technology and brains to make such a big discovery...we can certainly have some resources spend on this...
we just cant be pessimist about everything our government does...
food, shelter , clothing..yes they are important and i believe our government is doing their bit to fulfill the requirement...but we also need to contribute to mankind...this also gives India a global recognition..and also contributes to the overall growth of the nation...which breaks the western myth of Indians being snake charmers..!!!

i am proud of the our researchers and scientists and the chandrayaan mission...

Its easy for people who stay in their ivory tower to sing of glories. Ask a farmer who is thinking of committing suicide. He is the one that feeds the nation, but the government isnt concerned of feeding him.

We're creating a shivaji maharaj statue after investing crores that could provide education to 2 lakh children, but we want to compare ourselves with the artisans of statue of liberty.

Kalpana Heliya

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Its easy for people who stay in their ivory tower to sing of glories. Ask a farmer who is thinking of committing suicide. He is the one that feeds the nation, but the government isnt concerned of feeding him.

We're creating a shivaji maharaj statue after investing crores that could provide education to 2 lakh children, but we want to compare ourselves with the artisans of statue of liberty.

Taken your point... but the answer to y governtment should be investing behind such researches is there in your statement itself.

We are a country of more then a billion people..whre are resources have become scarce..everytime we have the government to throw on the blame..

how about dicovering a new planet to start new habitations...and reversing the prevailing conditions...though achieveable after a gazillions of years...but begin to lay the foundation for a better tomorw ;)

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
Taken your point... but the answer to y governtment should be investing behind such researches is there in your statement itself.

We are a country of more then a billion people..whre are resources have become scarce..everytime we have the government to throw on the blame..

how about dicovering a new planet to start new habitations...and reversing the prevailing conditions...though achieveable after a gazillions of years...but begin to lay the foundation for a better tomorw

Not really, see it from a different perspective.

a.) Save a farmer which is the biggest occupation in india, and save the rest of the nation. Let him die for saving humanity and the humanity might be saved, but the farmer and everyone depending on the farmer face the consequences today.

b.) Even if you lay the foundation, the first country to set base there will not necessarily be India, but the country that's richest and the most powerful.. we know what that means.

c.) Before you wipe civilization if any from moon, wouldn't you think countries will prefer wiping civilizations on this planet itself ?

Mr.M Rizvi

I think this discovery is sum sort of a joke:eek:hwell: ..not for us but for the NASA bcuz it's not easy for me to digest that INDIA discovered water on moon and not NASA..NASA is far more advanced than ISRO, and now they r congratulating us for this discovery funny huh... I read sumwhere that NASA has technology that's far more advanced than that being currently used by the world they introduce it to us 3o yrs later what they use now:SugarwareZ-189: IT MAKES ME FEEL REALLY SICK

Mr.M Rizvi

as far as the resources r concerned ...I developed a freakish theory :SugarwareZ-253:that in the next 10 yrs the earth's temperature will rise to a certain extent that the oceans water will start to evaporate and spontaneously the Arctic ice will melt and add into it (THAT"S FRESH WATER) and will reveal land on that part the process will emit such gases that will repair the ozone layer fix the atmosphere:SugarwareZ-074: pls don't exhaust ur brains they might jus shut down..this is an imaginary theory without any scientific base

devilunleashed

@ rizvi: Chandrayaan was carryin NASA's mapping instrument so there goes d technology issue

Pros:
1. India catapults itself in the aerospace realm, this IS a big achievement, considering from the early to modern expeditions have carried this as their primary objective.
2. Allows for easier launching of rockets etc for future expeditions as cost of launching 1/4th than that on earth.
3. Further exploration of H3, a potentially very important element for nuclear energy (the next big source of energy for India and the world)
4. Future credibility and revenue stream, India can earn from other nations in future if it is able to find and bring back these and other to be discovered essentail elements, etc...

Cons:
1. The amount of money spent is huge, if the returns are not great or atleast equivalent, there is no pt of carrying such an expedition
2. Restarting the dormant 'space-race' between nations

As far as issues like poverty and wasteful spending are concerned, they are genuine but can not be compared to such a programme, which has eventualy even achieved results.
True the farmers are required to be given utmost care and newer and better methods of production and wealth distribution are to be employed, but not looking at longer term for short term problems is not prudent. The issue of erecting statues and globetrotting by politicians is definitely sad, but that is another issue. You can not compare mangoes with oranges.

omkar.dk

i want to be a space tourist. maybe a Moon Entrepreneur. Moon's fiirst private commercial water processing plant.
i wonder what will be the initial capital that i would have to invest...
hmm.. let's see
1. Round trip to Moon: US$ 2 million
2. Material Cost: US$ 1 Million
3. Transportation of raw material to the moon: US$ 1.77 Billion

ROI: 1 light year

HARSHA6183

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
it will take so many years tat water on moon, first v need to think wen v will setup a colony over there,it mite b 100 years away still, humans have become parasites eating up all resources of nature

grail

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
remember the movie "total recall"?? Arnold Schwarzenegger??? the mars colony was a dump! we want a better world....

nimit123

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Instead of finding alternative places to settle elsewhere..?!

we should better make our Earth safe..!