, Raymond Woolen Mills
, Western zone
The Raymond Group was incorporated in 1925 and within a span of few years, transformed from being an Indian textile major to a global conglomerate.
The Raymond Limited was established in September 1925 to acquire the Woolen Mills in Thane known as WADIA WOOLEN MILLS; it was managed by E. D. Sassoon & Co. Until November 1944 when the entire share holding was acquired by JAGGILAL KAMALPAT SINGHANIA of Kanpur, subsequently J. K. Trust Bombay, acted as managing agents. There after the name was changed to Raymond Woolen Mills Limited.