How hard is TYBBI??..

Subprime

For all those TYBBI students, passed...who are giving exams or about to give, i would like to know whether :

1. The notes are long and hard enough to drive you into despair and depression.??

2. Compared to SY and FY...You really DON'T have time??

3. Even if you have studied hard, the max percent you can get is 65%??( what is the max you can get?)

4. Projects are either your ticket to getting high marks (if ever) or your worst nightmare, especially during viva...or watever...

Im gnna be in TY next year, so im preparing for the worst..SO PLEASE HELP HERE!!!!!!!!

ashu9801

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
i am in TYBBI.n i dont think its very hard compared to SY.
- FY is a easy walk-through. the teacher r lenient with u unless u provoke them to the extremes ( :) )
- By SY, one must understand the Mumbai University syllabus does'nt help us in acquiring too much knowledge, so gotta do some of your own research n keep in touch with newspapers daily.
- in TY.. one needs the "Internt" as a tool to producing better notes.
-- rather than professor giving you a topic, one needs to work out their persuasive-aspect to convince the professor on one of your own topics.
--- never leave a text book intact for more than a 4-5 days. :)

ashigood

Hi!
givin answers to all of ur quest....
1. Answer is longer.....hmmmmmmm...not at all...who says u to learn what is written in vipul or in any other book....try to understand the concept..and go about framing as u wish...if u understnd then no long ans to be learnt...u can go on writing on ur own to length...except Law type of subjects and dnt wory law is nt in TYBBI......

2. Yeah that is for sure...u get less time but saying that u dont have time is not the right way...u have got lots projects and internals..and u have to take seriously...so..u have to devote a lot time..it depends on u...how much u wnt to score..

3. Its not like that...i myself scored 82 in 5th sem...now lets c in 6th i've just appeared.....but still xpecting79...well if u do good..u'll get good marks......

4. Projects are really like a ticket to get good marks...as we say na maths is scoring subject......like that only....in 5th sem Projects and subjects like FRA and SAPM are scoring...and way to get high marks...and helps in increasing percentage...

so i think u must have got i view how to go about in ur plans........welll loads of good luk to you dear......work a bit hard than FY n SY....focus on percentage..and u'l do good.....
BEST OF LUCK!!!!!!!!

Subprime

Thanks for replying to this thread, hope it helps all those who are thinking about taking BBI.

I've just finished with 6th sem exams. For those who expect to learn last minute- DON"T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT. It get very hard.

Its true , especially for 6th sem exams knowing the concepts are really important- u have to write long ans ( 2-3.5 pages).

When it comes to 100 mrk projects , take something interesting and useful to what you will be doing after BBI.Start EARLY. Primary data is very important- make sure u know people who u can ask questions to put in primary data ( you could also end up asking for entry level jobs to the same ppl if u build/ have a good relations with them,i havn't tried this though). DON'T try copying projects from MP or newer else.( using it as a reference is ok). Projects are a way to show recruiters and interviewers that you are really interested in what your applying in- (relationship banking/ fund management/ treasury ops/ investment banking/ equity research/ etc.

A few also may have noticed that a few of the subjects are also MBA/ MMS / PGDM subjects. If you have a good college library, u cud research/read more about that subject. ( FRA & SAPM are wer i thought i could have definitely learnt alot more than what vipul teaches).

This course has a lot of room for improvement ( subjects & amount of portion to study).

Hello Guys, I was from the BMM stream so, i would like to tell some facets related to BMM. BMM is very easy if you consider theory but, the more important factor is that you get myriads of new thing to learn about media. There are numerous courses like Journalism, Advertising,PR, and so on. The exams in TYBMM was too easy in advertising and easily within few hrs f study and you can definitely crack it.