Aamir Khan and Rohit Shetty Support Ailing Filmmaker Kalpana Lajmi Financially

<h2>Aamir Khan and Rohit Shetty Support Ailing Filmmaker Kalpana Lajmi Financially</h2>

Kalpana%20Lajmi.JPG

Kalpana Lajmi is popularly known for her women-centric films and off beat cinema. Aamir khan and Rohit Shetty have come forward and extended their support towards Kalpana Lajmi financially. She is suffering from a malignant tumor in Kidney and because of that she is facing financial crisis. Filmmaker Ashoke Pandit said when he learnt about Lajmi's situation he spoke to Aamir and Rohit.

"I am associated with Indian Film and Television Director's Association and we do approach actors and directors for financial help whenever needed. After I learned about her health, I spoke to Aamir Khan and Rohit Shetty. Kiran (Kiran Rao, the filmmaker, and Aamir's wife) met her and gave Rs six lakh," Pandit told PTI. "Rohit Shetty has given Rs two lakh. Within 24 hours, they helped her. It is very nice of them... If needed, we will talk to more people after a few months," he said.

“This whole movement was initiated by Ashoke Pandit and Vinita Nanda. Earlier I was embarrassed to take help. But they told me that Aamir and Rohit Shetty had come forward and have taken care of the next six months. It makes you feel that your work’s worth has been respected. I feel very respected and wanted now.”