14 Year Old Muslim Boy Got Arrested For Making Science Project

<h2>14 Year Old Muslim Boy Got Arrested For Making Science Project</h2>

14%20Year%20Old%20Muslim%20Boy%20Got%20Arrested%20For%20Making%20Science%20Project.png

Discrimination based on caste and race is not the new subject for us. We have heard or watched myriads of times that people have been neglected because of their color or caste. The latest news adds more value to the allegation and adds an extra tinge of flavor. Fourteen-year-old Ahmed Mohamed from Irving, Texas is known for his sly skills of inventing things and quite popular too. But, when he bought his latest science project to school to show his teachers, he got arrested and asked that whether he tried to make a bomb.

The Dallas Morning News reports that Ahmed, who likes to make radios, fix his own go-kart and is a member of his school robotics club, made a simple electronic clock using a switchboard, put it in his pencil case, and took it to school on Monday. Earlier, everyone’s reactions were overwhelming but as the clock started beeping during an English lecture, a teacher thought that it might be a bomb. Well, within a quick span of time school called a police and the interrogation begin. In a video interview, Ahmed told The Dallas Morning News that a police officer he'd never met before looked him up and down and said "Yup. That’s who I thought it was.”

They were like, ‘So you tried to make a bomb?’ I told them no, I was trying to make a clock. He said, ‘It looks like a movie bomb to me.’ He added. The principal of the school warned Ahmed to expel him if he didn’t make a written statement. Ahmed was handcuffs and led out of school to a juvenile detention centre.

We have no information that he claimed it was a bomb... He kept maintaining it was a clock, but there was no broader explanation. It could reasonably be mistaken as a device if left in a bathroom or under a car. The concern was, what was this thing built for? Do we take him into custody? A police spokesperson told The Dallas Morning News.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3mW4w0Y1OXE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

No, I was trying to make a clock!!