ManagementParadise.com : Worlds Leading Management Portal. MBA | Classroom, Boardroom and Beyond

Go Back   ManagementParadise.com Forums - Your MBA Online Degree Program and Management Students Forum for MBA,BMS, MMS, BMM, BBA, students & aspirants. > Management Students Voices ( MBA,BMS,MMS,BMM,BBA) > International MBA > TOEFL

Career Guidance Needed

Career Guidance Needed

Discuss Career Guidance Needed within the TOEFL forums, part of the International MBA category; Hello friends, I wish to go abroad for my higher studies, actually I aspire to join Cambridge or some famous ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Advertisements
Career Guidance Needed
Old
 (1 (permalink))
BrianLara
BrianLara is an unknown quantity at this point

BrianLara

Institute: Oxford
Career Guidance Needed - February 27th, 2009

Hello friends, I wish to go abroad for my higher studies, actually I aspire to join Cambridge or some famous university. Can anyone guide me for this, what all exams should I appear for and also if any study material is available for them?
Advertisements
Friends: (0)

Old
 (2 (permalink))
Manish V Dhanwani
vicky_600 is a jewel in the roughvicky_600 is a jewel in the roughvicky_600 is a jewel in the rough

vicky_600
Accounts Executive at MC Cann Erikson

May 7th, 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLara View Post
Hello friends, I wish to go abroad for my higher studies, actually I aspire to join Cambridge or some famous university. Can anyone guide me for this, what all exams should I appear for and also if any study material is available for them?
i am just attaching some text that would give you an idea about what toefl is?
also check out the Gmat section in our GMAT forum to get a clear idea

The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFLŪ) is an examination that is administered by the Educational Testing Service (ETS) and used to evaluate a nonnative English speaker's proficiency in the English language. Many North American colleges and universities, as well as a large number of institutions, agencies, and programs, ask for official TOEFLŪ Test score reports for international students. An acceptable score on the TOEFLŪ Test depends on the specific requirements of the particular institution or agency involved.

In the United States and Canada, you will have to take the computerized test. Elsewhere, depending on where you live or the circumstances in which you are taking the test, you will have to take either the computerized test or the paper test. You should find out which test you will be taking so that you can become familiar with its requirements and test format.

SECTIONS

Listening section

The Listening Section of the Computer-Based TOEFLŪ Test measures your ability to understand spoken English. It contains listening passages and questions about each passage.

Cambridge Preparation for the TOEFLŪ Test offers a wealth of multimedia activities to help you prepare for the Listening Section.
The tutorials in the book and on the CD-ROM explain all current question types used in the Listening Section of the Computer-Based TOEFLŪ Test:
multiple choice/one correct answer
multiple choice/two correct answers
multiple choice/picture or graph
ordering
match the terms
There are plenty of opportunities to practice answering each question type and to get used to the clicking sequence required to answer questions in the Computer-Based Test.

STRUCTURE SECTION?

The Structure Section of the Computer-Based TOEFLŪ Test measures your ability to understand the structures of standard written English. This section consists of two kinds of questions: complete-the-sentence and identify-the-error.

In complete-the-sentence questions, you must decide which of the four choices best completes the sentence.

In identify-the-error questions, each sentence has four underlined words or phrases. One of the underlined choices contains an error or omission. You must decide which one is incorrect and click on your choice.

Cambridge Preparation for the TOEFLŪ Test contains a complete grammar review and almost 100 exercises in the book.

READING SECTION?

The Reading Section of the Computer-Based TOEFLŪ Test measures your ability to understand academic written English. It contains passages and questions about each passage.

In the Reading Section, there are four types of questions:
multiple choice
click on a sentence or paragraph
click on the word or phrase

In Cambridge Preparation for the TOEFLŪ Test, each of the almost 30 exercises in the Reading Section focuses on a specific skill: choosing the synonym and making inferences

WRITING SECTION?

he Writing Section of the Computer-Based TOEFLŪ Test measures your ability to compose an essay in standard written English. You will have thirty minutes to write an essay in response to an assigned question.
Cambridge Preparation for the TOEFLŪ Test offers almost 30 exercises to guide you through the writing process, from writing topic sentences to brainstorming for ideas to writing conclusions

Last edited by melroy88; May 7th, 2009 at 01:43 PM..

Friends: (1)
Re: Career Guidance Needed
Old
 (3 (permalink))
sophia55ggh
sophia55ggh is an unknown quantity at this point

sophia55ggh

Institute: Saint Merry
Re: Career Guidance Needed - November 12th, 2009

Yeah I think you can ask to your friends about this.If you want to search more than you try internet.
Old
 (4 (permalink))
rachel44ggg
rachel44ggg is an unknown quantity at this point

rachel44ggg

Institute: Saint Merry
Re: Career Guidance Needed - November 19th, 2009

I think if you are going to join Cambridge you are certainly going to benefit your life and career because it is a reputed institute and famous in world.
Old
 (5 (permalink))
Sabitha Malhotra
sabithamalhotra03 is an unknown quantity at this point

sabithamalhotra03
Re: Career Guidance Needed - September 17th, 2012

Thanks for the information