Go Back   ManagementParadise.com | Management & Business Education Learning Platform Upload / Download Banking and Insurance Projects and Notes > Strategic management (banking and insurance)

Hewlett Packard Company in Vietnam

Discuss Hewlett Packard Company in Vietnam within the Strategic management (banking and insurance) forums, part of the Upload / Download Banking and Insurance Projects and Notes category; hi.. I need a report based on a case of "Hewlett Packard in Vietnam" by Dr. Geok Theng Lau. My ...

Hewlett Packard Company in Vietnam
Old
 (1 (permalink))
Ismat Rabbani
Ismat Rabbani is an unknown quantity at this point

Ismat Rabbani

Hewlett Packard Company in Vietnam - April 15th, 2009

hi..

I need a report based on a case of "Hewlett Packard in Vietnam" by Dr. Geok Theng Lau.

My Course name is: Strategic Management.

I have the main case problem but I need the analysis part or solution part.

Please help me.

THanks.[email address]
Advertisements

Friends: (0)
Re: Hewlett Packard Company in Vietnam
Old
 (2 (permalink))
jessa
jessa is an unknown quantity at this point

jessa

Institute: USC
Re: Hewlett Packard Company in Vietnam - September 13th, 2009

hi... can you please help me in my study regarding the HP entering business in Vietnam.
Old
 (3 (permalink))
sock
sock is an unknown quantity at this point

sock
student
selangor

Institute: UMS
Re: Hewlett Packard Company in Vietnam - October 5th, 2009

Direct Presence
To enter Vietnam market, HP could have a direct presence in Vietnam by setting up a subsidiary or representative to provide marketing, sales support, and management services. Regarding to the Vietnam government, they planned for “IT-2000 Program” to create a national data communications network for almost all government personnel and the financial sector. The government hopes follow in Singapore’s footsteps and accelerate the country’s entry into high technology. Furthermore, they also provide each secondary school and university student. Thus, HPAP may take this chance to bargain with government to subsidiary HP computers, such as personal computers, minicomputers, RISC workstations, and mainframes enter to Vietnam. Since government support HP, it had developed strong reputation and brand identities which will be the tops in Vietnam since the industry is still its infancy and don’t have any competitors in the market. Besides, the level of education was comparatively high and there are 70% of the citizen is under 35 years old. Therefore, most of them will need computers to do their stuff.
Attached Files
File Type: doc IB case study 5.doc (41.0 KB, 84 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old
 (4 (permalink))
M G
Eddy88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Eddy88
Student of Bachelor in Arts at Munich Business School
Munich, Bayern

Re: Hewlett Packard Company in Vietnam - April 19th, 2010

Hey,
Thank you for ur help! Nice to be a new part of this forum. Hope I can add some value to it!
Old
 (5 (permalink))
Qwerty Qazz
qwertyqazz is an unknown quantity at this point

qwertyqazz
Student of Information Technology at A.H. MEDICAL COLLEGE
Guwahati, Assam

Re: Hewlett Packard Company in Vietnam - May 19th, 2010

Thanks for the article

Direct Presence
To enter Vietnam market, HP could have a direct presence in Vietnam by setting up a subsidiary or representative to provide marketing, sales support, and management services. Regarding to the Vietnam government, they planned for “IT-2000 Program” to create a national data communications network for almost all government personnel and the financial sector. The government hopes follow in Singapore’s footsteps and accelerate the country’s entry into high technology. Furthermore, they also provide each secondary school and university student. Thus, HPAP may take this chance to bargain with government to subsidiary HP computers, such as personal computers, minicomputers, RISC workstations, and mainframes enter toVietnam. Since government support HP, it had developed strong reputation and brand identities which will be the tops in Vietnam since the industry is still its infancy and don’t have any competitors in the market. Besides, the level of education was comparatively high and there are 70% of the citizen is under 35 years old. Therefore, most of them will need computers to do their stuff.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old
 (6 (permalink))
Leng WeiQuan
WeiQuan86 is an unknown quantity at this point

WeiQuan86
Student of Bachelor in Arts at National University of Singapore
Yishun, Singapore

Re: Hewlett Packard Company in Vietnam - September 6th, 2010

Thanks for the article

Direct Presence
To enter Vietnam market, HP could have a direct presence in Vietnam by setting up a subsidiary or representative to provide marketing, sales support, and management services. Regarding to the Vietnam government, they planned for “IT-2000 Program” to create a national data communications network for almost all government personnel and the financial sector. The government hopes follow in Singapore’s footsteps and accelerate the country’s entry into high technology. Furthermore, they also provide each secondary school and university student. Thus, HPAP may take this chance to bargain with government to subsidiary HP computers, such as personal computers, minicomputers, RISC workstations, and mainframes enter toVietnam. Since government support HP, it had developed strong reputation and brand identities which will be the tops in Vietnam since the industry is still its infancy and don’t have any competitors in the market. Besides, the level of education was comparatively high and there are 70% of the citizen is under 35 years old. Therefore, most of them will need computers to do their stuff.
Old
 (7 (permalink))
Bart Analogous
Brattybart is an unknown quantity at this point

Brattybart
Sales Marketing Executive at Sundat Pte Ltd

Re: Hewlett Packard Company in Vietnam - April 1st, 2011

Thanks for the article.