Washroom Advertising - Have the Marketers gone too far??

AmritanshuMehra

With the "Innovation" being the necessity of the era, one wont be surprised to see the Marketers entering the washrooms!!

I feel washroom advertising is a very effective way to promote your brand. In fact, this is where a lot of smart advertisers spend their pennies these days & there are reasons for the same:
CHEAPER -- It is comparatively much cheaper than all other media of marketing.
EXCLUSIVE -- There is no competition to worry about and it is perfect to reach the target audience for the related products (obviously, you won't advertise your meals there!!).
CAPTIVE: It is totally captive, so your message is guaranteed to be read!!!
REACH: You can promote your business in some of the busiest shopping centers and designer outlets.

The various strategic locations the marketers use are:
Above the male urinals - now that is something one cannot miss !!!
On the back on ladies cubicle doors, which again is very captive!!
In both male and female toilets above the hand dryers - pretty high visibility,huh?
So, with a proper selection of the location one can be positive to garner the exposure they need for their campaign, be it directing to the store, highlighting the brand, or building sales.

The following article on ET tries to throw some light on some of the facts related to Washroom Advertising:

Washroom Advertising: The new and bold way to establish a brand - Economic Times

So, what are you waiting for??
Pen down your views on the ethics, marketing, legal and various other aspects of the same!!

puneet.jaiswal1

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Yup i do agree washroom advertisement is cheaper & Exclusive which retain in mind of people for some time but do they make any change in buying behavior of customer ?

AmritanshuMehra

Yup i do agree washroom advertisement is cheaper & Exclusive which retain in mind of people for some time but do they make any change in buying behavior of customer ?

Well....dey definitely do chnge da buying behavior of customer.....thnk of sum ad u saw in a washroom.....doesnt dat occupy sum of ur mindspace....??....it does!!....n next tym u go to purchase dat category of products, u do think dat "der was dis brand which had dun dis creative advertisin in washroom!!...may b da product also is as good..lemme try it out once"....n der the marketers get the lead!!

The debate here is...."Does dis build the brand further, or rather is considered as a desperate attempt!!"?