What if Chanakya would have been Prime Minister of India?

arunbosco

Just finished reading Corporate Chanakya and sadly it got me wondering about the state that our country is in today. I know, its easy to talk about it and discuss it and crib about it, but what I really want to say here is that India would have been in a much better Position if it would have been run by a Person who is as passionate about his country as was Chanakya to see a United India.

farhanak.manage

Chanakya was known for "consultancy " profile, not the prime minister profile. He was an advisor to the king.

At best Chanakya in todays world would've been on the advisory board to PM :p

arunbosco

Agreed, but he was the man behind the wheels for the run that Maurya Dynasty had and their growth under Chandragupta Maurya was put to motion by this man's vision and strategic thinking and planning.

I know its far fetched but I was simply wondering if among thousands of politicians (Even more) don't we have one person with that clear vision and a way to work around the current system or mechanism that seems to run the politics in our Country.

I agree that there wasn't much to bribe Chanakya with (Pun intended ;)), but today if a person even comes close to doing what Chanakya did so many years earlier would win him support from Public and Respect.

Just a thought... :)

arunbosco

Agreed, but he was the man behind the wheels for the run that Maurya Dynasty had and their growth under Chandragupta Maurya was put to motion by this man's vision and strategic thinking and planning.

I know its far fetched but I was simply wondering if among thousands of politicians (Even more) don't we have one person with that clear vision and a way to work around the current system or mechanism that seems to run the politics in our Country.

I agree that there wasn't much to bribe Chanakya with (Pun intended ;)), but today if a person even comes close to doing what Chanakya did so many years earlier would win him support from Public and Respect.

Just a thought... :)

farhanak.manage

Your thoughts are provocative, but strategists are not great executors. For execution you need people like chandragupta maurya. Wouldnt you agree?

koolin

Hi Farhana...Excellent point you made about a Consultant profile and a Prime Minister profile....Corporate Chanakaya is not written by chanakaya....the thoughts which chanakya has mentioned in his sanskrit verses have to be taken back in the ages which was completely different than what it is today....the strategy which he formulated to bring Chandragupta Maurya to run the dynasty was in different conditions and now the conditions are different...it only coincides that some of chanakaya's thought seem to be true in today's environment....but to be real and true he was great and will remain great in the environment he proved himself....today you need a person with the mind of chanakya but thoughts regards to todays enviroment. Difference of opinion would be highly appreciated.

Cheers!!!