mgmt case analysis

UHYBRIDE

Good Afternoon all,
just uploaded a small case and wanted feedback from the smart management students we have here. I have uploaded 2 parts of it but am unable to start writing on the problem analysis of this case. Any help is appreciated especially other forum members apart from Kartik, Bhavin and VJAcuarian who are always there for me. No insult, but it seems everyone and i include myself here, views threads but just jump on ahead without any assistance. My degree in Business and Tourism is nearly come to an end and am ready to help others in researching topics......K

Attachments

• Case- page 1.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 37
  • Case- page 2.pdf
    902.6 KB · Views: 17

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
Hey Kiran... I went through the case study. Its always gr8 to reach such challenging case studies.

Now I am not very sure.. but according to me .. here it goes..

B Johnson is the favorite of everyone. Not only the top management but also peers and the floor level employees admire his intelligence.

B Johnson is highly ambitious and wants to turn around the company.

Hmm.. Will post more by tomorow.. will have to read the case study again.. right now too many things on mind ...

UHYBRIDE

Come on Guys & Gals,
India is the toast of the New World. This is supposed to be the smallest case i have encountered but very tricky. Management Students where art thou? Let's kick some ass. Will be uploading many papers soon but expect some help in return too ( vasooli hai bhai...after all moi Indian as well)Kartik for some strange reason, i could not see my thread for a long time. Even in the country naming thread i named Azerbaijan as well as gave a hint for the next person to follow giving a hint (Armenia). It is not there on the post. What am i doing wrong....

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
Alright.. Read the case study.. The problem is that the background of Mr Johnson is of accounting. As he is a man of caliber, the top level and the floor level both have a lot of expectations from him.

Also, there is difference of opinion when it comes to home functional vice presidents. Some are willing to delegate total authority to Mr. Johnson, while some still want a dotted line to be maintained . Mr. Johnson is accountable for everything.

In the previous structure, there were 7 Vp's taking care of the various functions. Now Mr. Johnson is burdened with responsibility .

I think this is what you wanted. If I am wrong, please guide me in the right direction :)

lion

FACTS OF CASE

Johnson, accounting executive in controllers department of company gets appointed as plant manager of Plant X.-Responsible for all functions and personnel except sales.
Till now, Company has a centralized organizational structure with the deparmnets in plant reporting to head office in line manner
New plant to be started with complete business process reengineering
Management decided to decentralize the control and appoint a plant manager for new plant

Soft qualities of Jhonson
Analytical ability and general administrative capacity
Generally in good books of people
Toughness which enabled him to see anything important through
Perfectionist and aggressive in reaching his goals
Company’s efficiency expert
Personal contacts with home office executives- networking ability

Challenges to Jhonson in his new job:
Never worked in operational jobs
Not acquainted with his subordinates
Not accustomed to the style of maintaining a functional relationship only with subordinates which will create administrative problems.

rosemarry2

MP Guru
Good Afternoon all,
just uploaded a small case and wanted feedback from the smart management students we have here. I have uploaded 2 parts of it but am unable to start writing on the problem analysis of this case. Any help is appreciated especially other forum members apart from Kartik, Bhavin and VJAcuarian who are always there for me. No insult, but it seems everyone and i include myself here, views threads but just jump on ahead without any assistance. My degree in Business and Tourism is nearly come to an end and am ready to help others in researching topics......K

Hey dear,

Please check attachment for Cases in Strategic Management, so please download and check it.

Attachments

• Cases in Strategic Management.pdf
    241.2 KB · Views: 0