Hardware, Software Issue... Solve your software and hardware problems here

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
:smash: Hey u can post your problems you face regarding software and hardware problems... we will try to solve your problem...:smash:

Plzz mention your Operating system and if the problem is of software plz tell what u click and what error message it shows so that i can diagnose your problem...

P.S.
***The suggestion given here is just for helping purposes. the end decision will be yours. Nobody is liable for any damages to any equipment due to the execution of the advise.***

Last edited:

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
chaitalithakker said:
how can i increase my speed of my computer???

it has become tooo slow now a days...

waiting

bye

Chaitali can u mention the operating system you are using.... ??:smash: and also mention does it happen wen u surf the net...? or in normal operating

Last edited:

chaitalithakker

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
karma said:
Chaitali can u mention the operating system you are using.... ??:smash: and also mention does it happen wen u surf the net...? or in normal operating

:yield: hii
fast response.. good thread..

as i m using Xp since last yr ...previously i was using 98 which was fast
as i have Pentium 4

its slow in both online and offline :smash:
i wish to format now.... wht shuld i do??

i m getting only 12 mb speed of tri band instead of getting 100 mb

waiting for ur reply

bye

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
In xp the problem comes up very often,,, it is due exxcesive cache and usseless uninstall files in windows... and faulty and useless registry entry. u ned a this software to clean it up. this would help you a lot

you could alternatively clean up your disk thrugh the my computer and right clicking on c drive and then properties.. then click on Disk cleanup and defragment your hard drive every 1-2 mnths this wud improve the speed
and by the way there is no such thing as 100 mb triband there is speed of 256kbps and the download speed of tht connection is of 25kb per sec

and format the disk as last resort if u dont know how to format it..... why waste money ??

Last edited by a moderator:

chaitalithakker

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
hii...

thank u .. i will surely apply ur suggestion... and will do it...

any ways i know to format... but the problem is Which system to apply like i wish to do 98 again....:smash:

any idea which is faster? :argue:

i will surely know the result of pc after implementing ur suggestions...:)

thank u:pound:

bye

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
chaitalithakker said:
hii...

thank u .. i will surely apply ur suggestion... and will do it...

any ways i know to format... but the problem is Which system to apply like i wish to do 98 again....

any idea which is faster?

Yup 98 is way faster if u do not want the kach kach in maintaining the performance..... but Xp is faster gives u a lot of features that are helpful... and looks good toooo.:big_grin: and if u do proper maintaining as i have said then XP gets my thumbs up....:tea:

chaitalithakker said:
i will surely know the result of pc after implementing ur suggestions...

But obvious u will know the result first after implementing the sugggestions but i also need to know what was the result....lol ;):pound: i also want to see my experimentation test lol...
just joking anyways i am sure u will get faster performance after using TUNE-UP and implementing my suggestions bcos i use that too... and have recommended the same to a lot of my friends

A.J.

Maverick
karma said:
In xp the problem comes up very often,,, it is due exxcesive cache and usseless uninstall files in windows... and faulty and useless registry entry. u ned a this software to clean it up. this would help you a lot
It has more to do with the fact that XP starts a lot of services(not always needed), which hog most of the RAM available. You can view them by typing "services.msc" (without the quotes) in the Run window. Also the GUI of XP is a lot heavier than any of the previous versions, which again hogs the system memory.
And I'd advise anyone not to mess around with the registry, unless they know what they're doing. Else you might render the whole system useless/

karma said:
and format the disk as last resort if u dont know how to format it..... why waste money ??

Waste money?????

Pray explain how formatting your HDD can "waste money"?

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Its not abt GUI its not abt extra services according to my experience... windows automatically stops the service which is not needed. and the software which i have given knows what it need to do...... it also takes a backup of the registry before deleting just in case.......... and if u dont know how to formt the hard drive u will call an engineer who will screw your system..

karma said:
:smash: Hey u can post your problems you face regarding software and hardware problems... we will try to solve your problem...:smash:

Plzz mention your Operating system and if the problem is of software plz tell what u click and what error message it shows so that i can diagnose your problem...

hy there i want to upgade my pc from p 3 to p4 can u suggest me the way can manage it in around 13000-15000 rupees

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Sorry cant help you on tht... but i feel due to low costs of pcs u will easily get the p4 pc done in your price range.. if you want to get it done real cheap then u can yourself go to (if u stay in mumbai) lamington road at Grant Road.... u can buy the parts and get it assembled by any engineer or any enginering student for less than 1000 bucks if u can bargain...

A.J.

Maverick
karma said:
Its not abt GUI its not abt extra services according to my experience... windows automatically stops the service which is not needed. and the software which i have given knows what it need to do...... it also takes a backup of the registry before deleting just in case.......... and if u dont know how to formt the hard drive u will call an engineer who will screw your system..

Your "experience" doesn't take anything away from the fact that Windows XP has a heavy GUI, as compared to the previous versions of Windows.
This fact can be concurred by various tech-forums around the net if need be.

As for the stopping of un-needed services....well, time to wake up and smell the coffee. Windows XP DOES NOT do that....though it is supposed to happen with Windows Vista, the next edition of Windows.

And formatting a HDD is pretty simple......though I still fail to understand how you can "waste money" on that?!

A.J.

Maverick
jayesh_agrawaal007 said:
hy there i want to upgade my pc from p 3 to p4 can u suggest me the way can manage it in around 13000-15000 rupees

You can go in for the following:
Intel P4 2.8 or preferably an AMD 64bit 3200+, which is better according to me.
512 MB RAM
80 Gb HDD
PCI Express Mother Board

And bingo, your upgrade is complete, for around 15000 bucks.:tea:

ViJiT

Vijith Pujari
Building a PC under 25K

Building a PC under 25K
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 2800+ (Rs. 5,300)
Motherboard: TUL A480A7-VF (Rs. 4,300)
RAM: Hynix 512 MB DDR-400 Memory (Rs. 2,100)
Hard Disk: 80 GB 7200 RPM Hitachi Deskstar (Rs. 2,700)
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 793S (Rs. 5,500)

Graphics: ATI X300SE (N.A.)
As I mentioned before, the RS480 motherboard has the ATI X300SE graphics chip onboard which shares a part of the main memory for graphical purpose.

Optical Drive: Lite-On 52X/32X/52X/16X Combo Drive (Rs. 1,900)
Sound Card: Onboard Realtek ALC655/658 5.1 channel audio (N.A.)
Speakers: Artis S500 (Rs. 1,300)

A.J.

Maverick
Re: Building a PC under 25K

vjaquarian_14 said:
Building a PC under 25K
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 2800+ (Rs. 5,300)
Motherboard: TUL A480A7-VF (Rs. 4,300)
RAM: Hynix 512 MB DDR-400 Memory (Rs. 2,100)
Hard Disk: 80 GB 7200 RPM Hitachi Deskstar (Rs. 2,700)
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 793S (Rs. 5,500)

Graphics: ATI X300SE (N.A.)
As I mentioned before, the RS480 motherboard has the ATI X300SE graphics chip onboard which shares a part of the main memory for graphical purpose.

Optical Drive: Lite-On 52X/32X/52X/16X Combo Drive (Rs. 1,900)
Sound Card: Onboard Realtek ALC655/658 5.1 channel audio (N.A.)
Speakers: Artis S500 (Rs. 1,300)

Excellent stuff, dude.

And since he's just upgrading, he won't need a monitor and many other multimedia components.
So that brings down the cost to approximately 12000 bucks.

A.J.

Maverick
Whatever.......AMD rocks!!

And even more so since the last couple years, given that they sponsor Ferrari :)

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Anupam said:
Your "experience" doesn't take anything away from the fact that Windows XP has a heavy GUI, as compared to the previous versions of Windows.
This fact can be concurred by various tech-forums around the net if need be.

As for the stopping of un-needed services....well, time to wake up and smell the coffee. Windows XP DOES NOT do that....though it is supposed to happen with Windows Vista, the next edition of Windows.

And formatting a HDD is pretty simple......though I still fail to understand how you can "waste money" on that?!
Yup anupam i know tht windows xp has very heavy GUI..... no comments on tht.. but i never felt the difference of speed on disabling the extra effects by customzing....... windows vista willrule i hope... very attravtive GUI and will demand more ram for tht but visual appeal is awesome.... go and click tht ctrl alt del...... and u will see most of the unused services are on hibernate stage tht is on the bottom of the processes.. i meant it decrease its priority rather thn stop it....

and dude we may be knowin how to format hdd but most of people dont......know how to format and again install the operating system and btw windows xp doesnt install thru msdos if u know tht....:smash: and if u know how to format the damn pc.. tht means u dnt need to call the engineer doesnt tht save money for a little work.... duh........:dizzy: :dizzy: use logic.....

MAXDROIT

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I HAV GOT THIS WIERD PROBLEM WITH MY PC. WHEN EVER THERE IS DISK CHECK I GET THIS MSG ON MY SCREEN " THE VOLUME IS DIRTY". I CHCKD FOR BAD SECTORS BUT THERE DOESNT SEEM TO BE ONE.
WHT CULD BE THE PROBLEM AS ME AND MY FRNDZ ARE NOT ABLE TO FIGURE IT OUT. IS IT SERIOUS OR CAN BE DEALT WITH, WITHOUT FORMATTING THE PC.

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
'THE VOLUME IS DIRTY' heard this the first time........ frankly on the first suggestion just do a disk fragmentation on tht disk... then again check the disk for errors and bad sectors...i suppose may be this wud clear the problem if not then get back to me....