Suggestions for spectrum issues -
September 29th, 2010
Suggestions for spectrum issues:-
- No discrimination on the basis of technology used.
- Equal opportunity for growth of all technologies.
- Review of earlier reservations based on experience of frequency used.
- Adequate and appropriate spectrum.
- Proper balance between the securities needs and needs for commercial deployment.
- Need for appropriate measure of efficiency and additional requirements of spectrum (only subscriber base is not the appropriate criteria).
- Frequency allocation in bands in which equipment and handsets are readily available.
- Availability from multiple vendors and multiple regions to avoid dependence on a single vendor or single country.
- No allocation with the hope that in future some vendor may develop the equipment /infrastructure/multimode handsets.
- International practices are followed.