amivp

hi guys
i have 2 do a project in mktg wherein i have to launch a product.create a marketing strategy 4 the same.i have selected sunglasses as my product.its difficult 2 get info regardin the sunglasses market.so i mnot sure whether 2 go ahead with the idea.can anybody suggest some out of the box innovative products to market.kindly tell as to how to go about doin this product marketin.plzzz help me.

pratik_mehta7

Pratik Mehta
Re: marketing project

hi amvp.....dude what you can do is.....instead of going for the great ads.....do this...create your own ads...with your Professors.....i mean....if a prof...is stern then you have ad which says...."WEar Sunglasses, not Sun".......or else you can also have your friends for your ads campaign..........

rukhsana_yasmin

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)

the following steps and findings will help
Understand the market

How big is the market (revenue, units, average selling price)?

Who are the customers?

What are their needs?

How can you segment these customers by needs and/or demographics and how big is each segment?

How can you best reach these customers (what media, what message, etc)?

What are the best sales channels to use to reach these customers - retailers, wholesalers, distributors? Map this out

Understand the competition

Who are the competitors?

What share does each of the competitors have or what segments

What are the strengths and weaknesses of each competitor?

How well does each of the competitors meet the needs of the customers (by segment)

What is the sales channel for each of the competitors – retailers, wholesalers, distributors?

Understand your company

Conduct a SWOT - strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats for your company

Comparing your SWOT versus the competitive analysis, how can you use your strengths to attack the competitors' weaknesses, how can you turn your weaknesses into strengths, how can you take advantage of the opportunities, and how can you avoid the threats?

How can you position your product/service to better meet the customers needs versus the competition?

For which segments do you have the best compelling unique selling point (USP)? Also, what are the pricing needs for each based on the value you bring to the customers?

Positioning

Create a position statement. The position statement is a part of the strategy and communicates to those inside the company the any and all of the following:
Placement within a market segment
Placement of the product relative to other products/services categories and application
Placement versus competitors' products/services
Placement of the product/services in terms of features and benefits

Product and service definition
Based on the position statement and market understanding, the next task is to define the product or service

What are the product/service features? Features are the tangible characteristics – shapes, dimensions, specifications, terms and conditions, steps involved, etc

What are the advantages of the product/service? How can it solve the problem better than the competitive solutions?

What are the benefits of the product or service? What do the features and advantages mean to the customer in terms of saving time or money, realizing more pleasure or decreasing displeasure, etc.

Product/service launch plan
The product launch plan interweaves with the product development plan, the production plan, and the marketing communications plan. Time scales assume the product/service development hasn’t been started and may have to be adjusted to the specific situation. Since this plan is general in nature, some areas may be deleted if inappropriate.

9-18 months before launch
Features and benefits defined
Value proposition formulated
Advanced data sheets and brochures prepared
Segmentation complete
Target customers defined
Channel strategy developed

Marketing communications plan defined

Branding plan established
Reliability, quality needs, and regulatory needs established
Technology press release completed

6 months before launch
Begin customer contact – 1-3 customers
Define Alpha and Beta customers
Market price established
Competitive benchmark completed
Update marketing communications plan and branding plan

3 to 6 months before launch
Samples sent or pilot services launched to Alpha and Beta customers
Application notes written
Field applications/service engineers trained
Channel strategy implemented
Sales presentations completed to sales channel participants
Press tour completed

3 months before launch
Inventory plan established
Sample plan established
Direct mail campaign completed
Sales personnel trained

LAUNCH
Inventory in place
Press release(s) completed
All sales tools completed
Final featured/benefits completed
Final value proposition completed
Reliability reports complete
Regulatory compliant completed (FCC, UL, FDA, etc)
Seminars set up

Brand strategy
Using the position statement, create the brand strategy.

Name (both company and product)

Logo

Product/service characteristics - colors, features, quality

Packaging and packaging characteristics (colors, font styling, logo and logo placement)

tag lines

Marketing communications plan
Set up a plan with who/what/when details for each of the following to

Craft the message, given the information on the customer’s emotional influences for each market segment, media, and for sales channel partners
Concepts
Story boards
Copy and text

Sales tools
Brochures
Application notes/white papers
Webpages
eMail/eZines

Marketing actions
workshops/seminars
telemarketing
direct mail
lectures/speeches
proposals
personal selling (direct
rep
distribution)
professional organizations
networking
referrals
conference presentations
civic organizations
sponsored courses
news letters/eZines
trade publications
directories
brochure
media publicity (press releases, etc)
Advertizing and media mix
TV
Radio
Print (magazines, newspapers, bill boards, etc)
Celebrity endorsement

I hope this helps.

duadisha

i dont htink u wud have left with any doubt after te above post...what u asked for is explained in detail in theabove post

varunkohli.jim

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)

hi anyone is havin any knowledge about brand endorsement?

friend brand endorsement is simply the method affecting consumer perceptions with regard to product as the customer may have a perception for the person who is endorsing the brand.....
for eg. amitabh for reid and taylor.... etc.

S

shrey420

HEY ASEEM FOR BRAND ENDORSEMENT U CAN DOWNLOAD THE BELOW CASE STUDY'''''''''''''''''''''''

Attachments

• ENDORSMENT BRANDING.pdf
    173.5 KB · Views: 7

Jennyshine

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
hi guys
i have 2 do a project in mktg wherein i have to launch a product.create a marketing strategy 4 the same.i have selected sunglasses as my product.its difficult 2 get info regardin the sunglasses market.so i mnot sure whether 2 go ahead with the idea.can anybody suggest some out of the box innovative products to market.kindly tell as to how to go about doin this product marketin.plzzz help me.

Hey mate,

Here I am up-loading Ray-Ban - The History of The Top-Selling Eyewear Brand Worldwide, please check attachment below.

Attachments

• Ray-Ban - The History of The Top-Selling Eyewear Brand Worldwide.pdf
    118 KB · Views: 3