Q.1 Discuss the Key HR Elements and Resource. [10]
Q.2 Write a note on steps involved in competency mapping. [10]
Q.3 Write a note on the Performance management audit . [10]
Q.1 Explain in detail the audit process. [10]
Q.2 Discuss the key elements of HR Scorecard. [10]
Q.3 Explain the five types of traits/factors. [10]

abhishreshthaa

Basic Elements of Human Resource

Planning and Appraisal: How an organization sets goals, plans performance, provides ongoing coaching, and evaluates performance of employees (individuals and/or teams).

Individual and Team Development: How an organization identifies the needs for employee skill development, education, and growth and how they meet those needs.

Career Planning: How an organization strives to help employees to learn their strengths and to match these strengths, aptitudes, preferences, and abilities to future work.

Hiring: How an organization defines and fills positions and roles with qualified people from within and/or outside the organization; how an organization orients these new employees.

Career Pathing: How an organization (for key positions and roles) determines the logical progression of jobs, roles, assignments, and development to provide a sufficient pool of qualified candidates and incumbents.

Succession Planning: How an organization systematically identifies key roles and positions, determines performance requirements and targets a group of people to fill these positions and roles in the future.

Job Design: How an organization determines the best methods for accomplishing a work product or result. The two major types are the individual job and the team.

Classification: The systematic process for evaluating the size and appropriate salary ranges for different jobs and roles in an organization.

Compensation/Recognition/Other Rewards: How an organization pays and rewards employees (individuals and/or teams), through salary, bonuses, benefits and/or non-financial rewards.

abhishreshthaa

What is a Competency?
A competency is defined as a behavior or set of behaviors that describes excellent performance in a particular work context (e.g., job, role or group of jobs, function, or whole organization). These characteristics are applied more and more by organizations because they provide significant help with key problems such as:
clarifying workforce standards and expectations
aligning individuals, teams, and managers with the organization's business strategies
creating empowerment, accountability, and alignment of coach, team member, and employer in performance development
developing equitable, focused appraisal and compensation decisions
What is a competency model?
A competency model is a set of success factors, often called competencies that include the key behaviors required for excellent performance in a particular role. Excellent performers on-the-job demonstrate these behaviors much more consistently than average or poor performers. These characteristics generally follow the 80-20 rule in that they include the key behaviors that primarily drive excellent performance. They are generally presented with a definition and key behavioral indicators. (See example below):

Competency Title: Customer Service Orientation
Definition: Responds to customer's needs in a manner that provides added value and generates significant customer satisfaction.
Behavioral Indicator:s
Demonstrates a deep understanding of internal and external customers and their needs
Mobilizes the appropriate resources to respond to customer's needs
Takes personal responsibility for customer satisfaction (e.g., focuses value-added interactions)
Builds credibility and trust with the customer through open and direct communication (e.g., uses effective listening skills, provides timely. feedback, etc.)
Ensures that customers believe their issues and concerns are given highest priority
In contrast, competencies do not include "baseline" skills and knowledge (i.e., commonly expected performance characteristics such as finishing assigned work, answering the telephone, writing follow-up letters, etc.), job tasks, or unusual or idiosyncratic behaviors that may contribute to a single individual's success.
How do competencies differ from skills and knowledge?
Competencies only include behaviors that demonstrate excellent performance. Therefore, they do not include knowledge, but do include "applied" knowledge or the behavioral application of knowledge that produces success. In addition, competencies do include skills, but only the manifestation of skills that produce success. Finally, competencies are not work motives, but do include observable behaviors related to motives. (See figure below for an illustration of these key points.)

abhishreshthaa

Performance management is the organization's whole system of managing its work force for optimum performance. For each individual worker, this system begins when they are hired and ends when they separate from the organization, and includes issues like:

Performance expectations when a person is hired
Frequency of Performance Discussions
Participation in Goal Setting
Matching people to jobs that use their skills
Importance of Teamwork & Group Performance
Competence-based Promotions
Career & Succession Planning
Skill Level of Managers
Perceived Fairness of Appraisal Process
Performance Management Diagnostic is an assessment instrument developed by ReliableSurveys.com to help organizations diagnose their performance management. It is a participative tool that examines the above issues and more to detail the strong points and areas of needed improvement in your organization's performance management system.

What Performance Management Audit Delivers

A clear picture of how your people view your Performance Management System right now (your Actual).
A clear picture of how your people think the system should be improved (your Ideal).
A clear picture of how experts in Performance Management think the system should be (experts' Ideal).
A "Gap Analysis" that shows you graphically what's working, what's not, and which direction to go.
Results that are based on a consensus of stakeholders, however you choose to define them. You may decide to just find out how line managers think, or maybe include HR staff, or the whole organization.
Credible results, based on a strong comparative questionnaire process, the Scaled Comparison, to answer the toughest statistical questions from the ever-present skeptics.
A questionnaire process that is cost-effective and time-efficient, designed and conducted by in-house personnel requiring little or no consultant help.

abhishreshthaa

THE AUDIT PROCESS

Based on the type of review, each portion of the audit will take more or less time. However, all audits, except for the most basic, will include the following five steps:

STEP 1: PLANNING

We begin each audit with a Planning phase which does not usually require departmental involvement. The audit staff will review any past audit work, look over available literature on the department, and make a preliminary review of departmental income and expense. During this time, the auditors will also tentatively formulate our scope and audit plan, on which they will base the fieldwork.

STEP 2: INTRO MEETING

After you receive your introductory letter announcing the audit, we will call you to schedule an Introductory Meeting. These meetings typically last no longer than an hour and take place at your office, if possible. At this time you have the opportunity to meet the audit staff and ask questions about the upcoming audit work and the audit process. We encourage you to discuss any concerns you may have and any areas or business functions that you would like auditors to review. During the meeting, we will discuss the potential timeframe for the review, the audit objectives, and the audit logistics (facilities, availability of personnel, primary contacts, etc.). At this time, you may also provide the staff with the few pieces of information we request before each audit begins- a departmental organization chart, a contact list, and literature describing the department- if available.

STEP 3: FIELDWORK

In this step, the actual work of the audit is performed. The audit staff begins the Fieldwork by gathering information about the auditee's operations, gaining an understanding of departmental functions, and identifying areas of weakness and concern (as well as strengths). This work includes reviewing financial and budgeting activity, administrative and business procedures, critical departmental functions, information technology, and other activities specific to each auditee. The audit staff will conduct interviews with key personnel, observe departmental procedures, and periodically review the audit progress with the department heads and personnel. You many contact us at anytime throughout the audit with your questions or concerns regarding the audit process or audit findings. During the fieldwork, which is typically the lengthiest part of the audit, the audit staff identifies areas of risk and concern within the department's internal controls and procedures, all of which will be discussed with you before or at the conclusion of the fieldwork.

STEP 4: REPORTING

After the fieldwork is completed and our findings and concerns have been reviewed with you, the audit staff will first prepare a Draft Report. The draft report is transmitted to you for your review and in order for you to prepare your response. Responses typically include corrective action plans, the parties responsible for the action, and the timeline to complete the process. Once your response is received and we agree on the report text, the report is ready to be finalized. Your response is incorporated or attached where appropriate, and the Final Report is delivered to you and the appropriate parties in University management and the departmental reporting line. You will be given the opportunity to review the final report before the distribution is completed.

STEP 5: FOLLOW-UP

Depending on the nature of the audit or the audit findings, the Follow-Up procedure may formal or informal. In either case, after a reasonable period of time, the auditee will be contacted regarding the departmental progress with the corrective actions identified in the audit. At this time, we may perform a follow-up review concluding with a follow-up report. In most cases, the auditee is only contacted informally, possibly several times, to monitor the status of the department's progress. If you have any questions or new concerns in the follow-up period, we welcome you to share them at this time, so that we may determine if further audit work is necessary.

abhishreshthaa

The Big Five model is considered to be one of the most comprehensive, empirical, data-driven research findings in the history of personality psychology. Identifying the traits and structure of human personality has been one of the most fundamental goals in all of psychology. Over three or four decades of research, these five broad factors were gradually discovered and defined by several independent sets of researchers. These researchers began by studying all known personality traits and then factor-analyzing hundreds of measures of these traits (in self-report and questionnaire data, peer ratings, and objective measures from experimental settings) in order to find the basic, underlying factors of personality.

1. OPENNESS
People with low scores on openness tend to have more conventional, traditional interests. They prefer the plain, straightforward, and obvious over the complex, ambiguous, and subtle. They may regard the arts and sciences with suspicion, regarding these endeavors as uninteresting. Some self-statements pertaining to openness include

Openness Sample
I have a rich vocabulary.
I have a vivid imagination.
I have excellent ideas.
I spend time reflecting on things.

2.CONSCIENTIOUSNESS
A tendency to show self-discipline, act dutifully, and aim for achievement. The trait shows a preference for planned rather than spontaneous behavior. It influences the way in which we control, regulate, and direct our impulses. Conscientiousness includes the factor known as Need for Achievement

Sample conscientiousness :
I am always prepared.
I am exacting in my work.
I follow a schedule.
I get chores done right away

3. EXTRAVERSION
Characterized by positive emotions, surgency, and the tendency to seek out stimulation and the company of others. The trait is marked by pronounced engagement with the external world. Extraverts enjoy being with people, and are often perceived as full of energy. They tend to be enthusiastic, action-oriented individuals who are likely to say "Yes!" or "Let's go!" to opportunities for excitement. In groups they like to talk, assert themselves, and draw attention to themselves.

Introverts lack the social exuberance and activity levels of extraverts. They tend to seem quiet, low-key, deliberate, and less involved in the social world. Their lack of social involvement should not be interpreted as shyness or depression. Introverts simply need less stimulation than extraverts and more time alone. They may be very active and energetic, simply not socially.

Extraversion sample :
I am the life of the party.
I don't mind being the center of attention.
I feel comfortable around people.
I start conversations.
I talk to a lot of different people at parties.

4. AGREEABLENESS
A tendency to be compassionate and cooperative rather than suspicious and antagonistic towards others. The trait reflects individual differences in general concern for social harmony. Agreeable individuals value getting along with others. They are generally considerate, friendly, generous, helpful, and willing to compromise their interests with others. Agreeable people also have an optimistic view of human nature. They believe people are basically honest, decent, and trustworthy.
Agreeableness sample:
I am interested in people.
I feel others’ emotions.
I have a soft heart.
I make people feel at ease.
I sympathize with others’ feelings.
I take time out for others.

5. NEUROTICISM
The tendency to experience negative emotions, such as anger, anxiety, or depression. It is sometimes called emotional instability. Those who score high in neuroticism are emotionally reactive and vulnerable to stress. They are more likely to interpret ordinary situations as threatening, and minor frustrations as hopelessly difficult. Their negative emotional reactions tend to persist for unusually long periods of time, which means they are often in a bad mood. These problems in emotional regulation can diminish the ability of a person scoring high on neuroticism to think clearly, make decisions, and cope effectively with stress.

Neuroticism Sample:
I am easily disturbed.
I change my mood a lot.
I get irritated easily.
I get stressed out easily.
I get upset easily.

and here is the link for key elements of HR Scorecard
check it out.........

HR Scorecard : Making It Last

hi friends

i want mba 3rd sem notes for
>International business
>Consumer Behavior
>Strategic Management

Hey hitesh, i have fog some notes on strategic management and i am uploading here for you. I hope it would be useful for you, so please check and let me know your feedback. I am also trying to get rest topics.

Attachments

• stratmgmt.ppt
    268 KB · Views: 1