Research on marketing research for services

profalok

Hi all,

I am trying to search for information on how marketing research is different for services as compared to for products.
I have done a reasonable search on the Net but have not got a satisfactory response.
Please help/advice

Alok

vishal

I consider myself novice to answer this question, however I guess I can try.

1. Research, whether be it for products or service, per se there would no distinction. The process broadly remains the same... ie. Start with secondary research, move on to understanding the stake holders.. Develop a question/discussion guidelines depending on whether you are going by a quant or qual approach, analyse the findings and compile a report..

So as you see, there is no real procedural difference between research done for products or services.

2. However, we professionals are into making models for everything.. so taking a cue from there, I would like to refer to 4ps framework for products and 7ps for service. Moving from products to service, if the marketing mix would change, the research need would also change accordingly.

3. So my understanding would be, procedurally things would remain the same, however within each step the depth and extensiveness of coverage might change moving from a products research to research for services.

Hope it makes some sense..

lavish1988

well as far as i knw both are a bit different
in marketing of product we take only the product bt in services we need to take few more parameters

Jennyshine

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Hi all,

I am trying to search for information on how marketing research is different for services as compared to for products.
I have done a reasonable search on the Net but have not got a satisfactory response.
Please help/advice

Alok

Hi Alok,

Please check attachment for Study on Basic Marketing Research, so please download and check it.

Attachments

• Study on Basic Marketing Research.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 0