Answers in bold
1. Since it is now ___________ to build the complex central processing unit of a computer on a single silicon chip using photolithography and chemical etching, it seems plausible that other miniature structures might be fabricated in _________ ways.
1] unprecedented ... undiscovered
2] difficult ... related
3] permitted ... unique
4] routine ... similar
Since we are tlaking about something becoming easier, only option 4 is right
2. Given the evidence of Egyptian and Babylonian __________ later Greek civilization, it would be incorrect to view the work of Greek scientists as an entirely independent creation.
1] disdain for
2] imitation of
3] deference to
4] influence on
We narrow down to 2 and 4 by elimination. And then only 4 makes sense
3. Laws do not ensure social order since laws can always be ____________, which makes them __________ unless the authorities have the will and the power to detect and punish wrongdoing.
1] contested ... provisional
2] circumvented ... antiquated
3] repealed ... vulnerable
4] violated ... ineffective
If you look @ the first blank, you can narrow down your options to 2 and 4, but when you consider the 2nd blank, then 4 is the correct one
4. Since she believed him to be both candid and trustworthy, she refused to consider the possibility that his statement has been ____________ .
5. Ironically, the party leaders encountered no greater ____________ their efforts to build a progressive party than the ____________ of the progressives already elected to the legislature.
1] support for ... advocacy
2] threat to ... promise
3] benefit from ... success
4] obstacle to ... resistance
Not sure abt this one. Frm 1st blank narrowed to 2 and 4 and then going with 4
6. It is strange how words shape our thoughts and trap us at the bottom of deeply __________ canyons of thinking, their imprisoning sides carved out by the _______________ of past usage.
1] cleaved ... eruptions
2] rooted ... flood
3] incised ... river
4] ridged ... ocean
7. That his intransigence in making decisions __________ no open disagreement from any quarter was well known; thus, clever subordinates learned the art of _____________ their opinions in casual remarks.
1] elicited ... quashing
2] engendered ... recasting
3] brooked ... intimating
4] embodied ... instigating
Again not very sure about this, But going with intimating after looking @ the 2nd blank