verbal

anhishek_ruia86

6. In case Nicholas and Antonio share dinner duty on Monday of some week, and if Antonio and Jeremy share dinner duty on Thursday of the same week, which of the following would be true for that week?
1. Antonio is on dinner duty alone on Tuesday.
2. Jeremy is on dinner duty alone on Wednesday.
3. Nicholas and Jeremy share dinner duty on Wednesday.
4. Nicholas is on duty alone on Tuesday, and Antonio is on breakfast duty alone on Wednesday.
5. Jeremy is on breakfast duty alone on Tuesday, and Nicholas is on breakfast duty alone on Wednesday.

Ans : E
7. Which among the following could be true of some four-day period?
1. On three of the four days, pairs of chefs were on dinner duty.
2. On one of the four days, all three chefs were on dinner duty.
3. Antonio drew twice as many dinner assignments as did Jeremy.
4. Nicholas drew three times as many dinner assignments as did Antonio.
5. Both Nicholas and Antonio drew three times as many dinner assignments as did Jeremy.

Ans : C
8. Which among the following statements is the most probable taking into consideration the source and the degree of seriousness with which they are uttered?
1. Examiner: "The exam will be taken under the honor system: the professors have the honor, and the students have the system."
2. Banker: "The low percentage of Jews in this bank has nothing to do with discrimination. Jews don't seem to be interested in banking."
3. Book cover: "This book is sure to become the last word in its field."
4. Politician: "My opponent has an impeccable political and personal record."
5. Artist: "Einstein's theory of relativity falsifies life."

Ans : D
9. Tom: It is likely that Greece will be humiliated in the Cyprus affair. In case she fights Turkey, she will be defeated in battle; whereas if she doesn't fight, letting Turkey win, she will be humiliated, as she would then seem impotent.

Sarah: In that case Greece could always call the Soviet Union to her aid.

Sarah attacks Tom's argument by:
1. attacking Tom on a personal level.
2. attacking Tom's method of reasoning
3. siding with Greece
4. advocating passive resistance
5. citing an alternative which was overlooked by Tom.

Ans : E
10. In case Sue sits between Pete and Harry, then Harry sits between Sue and Mike. Harry won't be there unless Sue sits next to Mike. Hence, Sue will not sit between Pete and Harry.

Apart from the above mentioned statements, what additional premises are assumed by the author of this argument?

Mike sits next to Sue if no one sits between them.
If Sue sits between Pete and Harry, then Sue sits between Harry and Pete.

If Harry isn't there, then he doesn't sit next to Mike.
1. I and II only
2. I and III only
3. II and III only
4. I, II and III
5. None of the above

Ans : B
:SugarwareZ-254: :tea: