Public Relations Management ( P.R )

kpis_02

Re: Public Relations management

hi, ihave got aproject on pr mgmt tht i have to plan a strategy for my topic if how the newcomer who would be afilmstar would he cum up.wht strategy shld i plan.

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member

kpis_02 said:
hi, ihave got aproject on pr mgmt tht i have to plan a strategy for my topic if how the newcomer who would be afilmstar would he cum up.wht strategy shld i plan.
This should be very easy. Needs creative thinking :) .

I remember Vivek Oberoi comming to mithibai college and giving away the famous VADA PAUN available at the nearby stalls, free to youngsters and college crowd. I remember people actually bunking lectures to meet this guy.

Also, for movie " Dhoom " there was this bike rally in which John used his high speed bike hayabazu for promotions.

Now i dont know if it was a publicity stunt or a real incident, but Hritik roshans " Kaho na Pyar hai " was followed by a hype of incidents of underworld involvement in asking extortion money from his father .

The latest way for promotion is of spreading MMS clips.

Hot, half naked MMS clips are the vogue .

Im sure the industry has been very successful with it and this is to gain more emphasis in the near future .

You can quote the example of MMS clip of the movie " Silsilay " which is available all over the internet and has made its home in youngsters cell phones

I think the movie actress was Riya Sen and actor Ashmit Patel .

I hope, I answered your question. Anyone wana add something ?? :D

Last edited:

ViJiT

Vijith Pujari

i have project in which i have to plan a strategy,,, my topic is aspiring filmstar

Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me forum members....

ViJiT

Vijith Pujari

kartik said:
This should be very easy. Needs creative thinking :) .

I remember Vivek Oberoi comming to mithibai college and giving away the famous VADA PAUN available at the nearby stalls, free to youngsters and college crowd. I remember people actually bunking lectures to meet this guy.

Also, for movie " Dhoom " there was this bike rally in which John used his high speed bike hayabazu for promotions.

Now i dont know if it was a publicity stunt or a real incident, but Hritik roshans " Kaho na Pyar hai " was followed by a hype of incidents of underworld involvement in asking extortion money from his father .

The latest way for promotion is of spreading MMS clips.

Hot, half naked MMS clips are the vogue .

Im sure the industry has been very successful with it and this is to gain more emphasis in the near future .

You can quote the example of MMS clip of the movie " Silsilay " which is available all over the internet and has made its home in youngsters cell phones

I think the movie actress was Riya Sen and actor Ashmit Patel .

I hope, I answered your question. Anyone wana add something ?? :D

Also the MMS for the movie promotion of Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena

milind20

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
just to add to the aspiring filmstar strategy plannin........

i thnk d mms clip idea is not applicable here........coz tht happens after a star bcomes famous.....or he has to go fr mass publicity........

in dis case......correct me if i m wrong........v hve to design a pr strategy fr a upcoming filmstar......so as of now no one knows him......

1. i think we hve many modelling and acting institutes wherein many producers/directors come fr a new face.....thus applying thru some kind of help frm these institutions shud be d thing to do.....

2. also....you can approach some of the producers/directors nd send them ur portfolio......this actually happens......nd many actors do get a break......
u shud let them kno bout ur skills nd convince them......

hope dis was of help.......

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
Yes you are correct when you say that we have to design a PR strategy fr a " Upcoming Filmstar "

Which means, he has already signed a film and is known. We just have to make him famous .

Now lets see what PR actually is. Its public relations , ie kind of advertisement and publicity you get without paying anyone .

So according to me, MMS clips, News paper Page 3, campaigns etc are part of PR campaign.

I wish some1 could add to these comments. This discussion is getting HOT !!

milind20

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
to some extent......i agree wid u.....
but..... i really dont thnk mms clips wil work here........
mms clips wil only work in case of promotion of a film....

agreed tht ther r many who like these mms clips......but it is a big risk.....
ther r as many ppl who hate such things as much ther r who like such clips....

to start of wid i think it shud be a big bang entry.....but one with a clean nd ethical manner.......it wil create a favorable image in the minds of the audience.......

hope every1 contributes....

ViJiT

Vijith Pujari

kpis_02 said:

mine is the samething plz help on this topic , plz get more info on it.....

coolbuddy872

Help me out!!!!!

hi i am making a project on Public Relation where i have to select a company and look into its functioning on PR department. So guys & gals if you have any such kind of project with you then please send it to me.

ViJiT

Vijith Pujari
Re: Help me out!!!!!

coolbuddy872 said:
hi i am making a project on Public Relation where i have to select a company and look into its functioning on PR department. So guys & gals if you have any such kind of project with you then please send it to me.

well as per the project ,i guess there is no such project on the forums , i guess u should select a company and we will rite to get information about the PR department of that company.

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
Hey Satan ... Lol.. what a nick .. mayb u can introduce yourself so that we can call you by a better nick ...

Newayz.. Nice topic selection.. :) .. If you need help on anything specific in that topic .. all you need to do is ask .. we would b glad to help

satan cant stand me said:
hey everybody,
ive gotta do a proj on Public Relations as in how ppl use it . i was thinkin of doin the oil for food scam anybody with an opinion
?
hey kartik,
first i must say damn cool website... dude. yea well ppl think i am satan:big_grin: so there u go. neways wat i wanted to knw is how to cover this topic. i really dont knw where to start .cud ya plz gve me some tips.

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
There are a lot of articles published on msnbc, newspapers, business mag sites for the same.

How to start ..

Brief / Jist
Introduction
Explain the whole scam in depth
How did media portray it
How did Usa and other countries take advantage of it

Now... if you are not comfortable with that topic .. as getting a clearer or holistic view might be difficult .. you can take up a simpler topic like :

PR of Cola ( during the news flash of pesticide thing)
PR of Cadburys ( during the bad packaging phase ) .

Other topics would be PR of aids , balbir pasha, pr of frooti : degen verma etc..

Last edited:
dude,
thanks for the advice. its real helpful. its worth a try. i always like to do somethin diff. after i complete the proj ill send u a copy.
satan

aspire

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
ch21599 said:
Need to make a PR project on Pepsi co .... didnt find much info . so far ...
Pls let me know abt it also , I am also interested in the same .. Was finding it difficult to make a start .

pls count me in
regards
shailesh