pokayoka

mrunal

Hey,

Guys i am uploading pokayoka, please check attachment below.

Attachments

• pokayoka.doc
    1.2 MB · Views: 83
Last edited by a moderator:

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
POKAYOKA ??

What a weird word. It is a japanes word like kanban ??

What does that mean anyway ??

mail2abhi83

pronounced "POH-kah YOH-keh" means "fail-safing" or "mistake-proofing" — avoiding (yokeru) inadvertent errors (poka)) is a behavior-shaping constraint, or a method of preventing errors by putting limits on how an operation can be performed in order to force the correct completion of the operation. The concept was originated by Shigeo Shingo as part of the Toyota Production System. Originally described as Baka-yoke, but as this means "idiot-proofing" the name was changed to the milder Poka-yoke. One example is the inability to remove a car key from the ignition switch of an automobile if the automatic transmission is not first put in the "Park" position, so that the driver cannot leave the car in an unsafe parking condition where the wheels are not locked against movement. Another example can be found in a normal 3.5" floppy disk: the top-right corner is shaped in a certain way so that the disk cannot be inserted upside-down

prashant.

dear i am looking in for project on quality management of toyota hope this is the same which i am lokking in for anyways thanks for your effort

Hey,

Guys i am uploading pokayoka, please check attachment below.

Hey mrunal, thanks for sharing such a nice presentation on Poka Yoke and it is really going to help many people. BTW, i have also got a very nice document 12 pages which would give detailed information Poke Yoka.

Attachments

• pokayoke.pdf
    78.1 KB · Views: 0