Project on Six Sigma

piyazcool

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Six Sigma can be used to create a brand new business process from ground up. Six Sigma strives for perfection. It allows for only 3.4 defects per million opportunities for each product or service transaction. Six Sigma relies heavily on statistical techniques to reduce defects and measure quality.

Six Sigma experts (Green Belts and Black Belts) evaluate a business process and determine ways to improve upon the existing process. Six Sigma incorporates the basic principles and techniques used in Business, Statistics, and Engineering. These three form the core elements of Six Sigma. Six Sigma improves the process performance, decreases variation and maintains consistent quality of the process output. This leads to defect reduction and improvement in profits, product quality and customer satisfaction.

Six Sigma methodology is also used in many Business Process Management initiatives these days. These Business Process Management initiatives are not necessarily related to manufacturing. Many of the BPM's that use Six Sigma in today's world include call centers, customer support, supply chain management and project management.

Indian companies are feeling the increasing strain of the rapidly shrinking global village. If they are to compete, a reliance on low cost leverage is no longer enough to remain competitive. A growing number of organizations within India are now discovering that Six Sigma is the powerful catalyst needed to successfully combine higher quality and substantial cost savings to achieve breakthrough

Attachments

• Final_Six_Sigma.doc
    453.5 KB · Views: 580

bips

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
finally got he hang of it... have been wondering abt six sigma since i read abt mumbai dhabawalas

gauvs_d

indeed a very helpful project. infact i downloaded a cpl of prsntns frm sumwhr else....bt this helped me d most

pankajverma

hi i m pankaj i am a MBA student.

i want to know abt six sigma

can u please send a good project on this

i will be very thank ful if u can send.

i will be very thank ful if u can send

send me some more details on six sigma

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,
I have just joined this forum and hope to learn from all. As a beginning, find attached a small write up on Quality
Enjoy and keep Learning!!
Kakoli

Attachments

• Total Qty Doc.doc
    550 KB · Views: 63

jeet834

Hi, I recently had a six sigma trainin in my office. It was a basic training and I think Six Sigma is a string tool to strealine the day to day operations. It is more of a meathodology rather than a tool.

manthan_479

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
ok one more think u can add to Six Sigma project is dat our Dabbawallas hav 6 sigma..which only big companies like Motorola hav...

gomzyj

HI, I work in a BPO and persuing CPGDBM thorough correspondence. I have to submit a project on Operations but due to my shift timings, I am unable to do the project and am running short on time. If anyone could lend me their project I'll be very greatful.