Altec Lansing is a line of professional, home, automotive, computer, and multimedia audio products first developed in 1936. They were used in many studios as monitor speakers. Altec Lansing loudspeakers were used in the sound system for the Woodstock Festival in 1969.
The current incarnation of the company, called Altec Lansing Technologies, is an OEM supplier to many computer makers such as Asus, Dell, Compaq, Hewlett-Packard, and Gateway.

First and foremost, the author would like to give thanks and sincere gratitude to the Lord Almighty for the knowledge and skills, and the courage He gave to him in pursuing and preparing this report. Aside from God above, he would also like to thank his wife and children in inspiring him always and giving him the motivation to push through with life’s challenges. May they continue this attitude in preparing him to face the real world. For my school, for the continued support and for continue patronizing and producing a well-organized and highly qualified academia. To his instructor who continues to supervise his work and sharing his words of wisdom by inspiring him to go on this study so that he will overcome this kind of research. To his friends and colleagues who are always there supporting him and giving him constructive criticisms and advices in accomplishing this report, I share with them the completion of this report. Also, for those who are not mention I know that I am grateful for having you to be part of this report.

Introduction

In this report, one will find the results of the three recognized questionnaires namely Belbin Self-Perception Inventory, Myers Briggs Type Indicator and VARK to evaluate own personal development projection to inform my future career choices. Results and findings of the questionnaires will be used to assess own learning preferences, how he perceive others to contribute to own learning and how he performs when situated in team settings. To better provide an in-depth analysis of his career projection, a Job Demand Questionnaire was also completed.

Developers of these questionnaires do not claim that the results will necessarily reflect the personality of the respondent hence findings may probably not as reliable or valid. An individual as a unique being possess own unique personality. He assumes that he possesses a personality beyond quantitative measure. Nevertheless, the informations presented in this report can be considered as prototype of the tests conducted. It is the goal of this project to produce a career framework that he can refer to when making career-related decisions.
The self refers to the individual person from one’s own perspective. To me, self is me and to other, self is the person that I am, referring to my individuality. Johns (2003), nevertheless, assert that there is no easy way to define what the self means. It has been said that ‘the human organism seems capable of enduring anything in the universe except a clear, complete and fully conscious view of himself/herself as he/she actually is” (cited from Johns, 2003, p. 6). People can make sense of life and themselves by creating their own meaning that an individual is essentially self-fulfilling and intrinsically flexible. It is of my best belief that people face and within which we struggle to make the choices which shape our lives and ourselves. I am with the definition of Assagioli (1975) of personal self or I as the centre of our consciousness, a point of pure self-awareness and will (cited from Johns, 2003).

Understanding oneself is crucial especially if we are to approach the whole concept of self and personal development with enough openness and flexibility. We should always remember, however, that we do not exist in a vacuum wherein our self emerges from the interplay of our community and individual experiences. I should also take note inhere that an individual can be fully described as ‘selves’ rather than a single entity and each of us must to terms with ourselves as a physical persona, a social person, and a learning person, for instance. Fink (2003, p. 53) assert that the effectiveness of learning is manifested by self-directed learning or the process of learning how to learn.

An individual learns on his or her own wherein critical reflection, or the process of understanding the meaning of each experience, is important. One way to reflect on the learning experience of an individual and its dynamic including learning style is through VARK. VARK stands for the four types of learning: Visual, Aural, Read/Write and Kinesthetic. Developed by Neil Fleming and Colleen Mills, VARK is a questionnaire which aimed at profiling learning preferences and forms part of the Myers-Briggs personality type indicator. Fleming and Mills argued that an individual can take information through all the four channels but there is a preferred format in taking in information.

Specifically, visual learners prefer learning from graphical representations such as flow charts and with step-by-step directions. An aural learner enjoys listening to lectures, often with the necessity of directions to be read aloud. Aural learners also prefer to discuss topics and form study groups. Read/write learners, on the other hand, like the written word by reading or writing with references to additional sources of information. A kinesthetic learner enjoys doing hands-on activities such as role playing and return demonstration (Davis, 2009, p. 275).

Based on the VARK questionnaire I conducted (refer to Appendix 1), I have a strong aural learning preference, with 8 points; read/write, 4, kinesthetic, 4 and visual, 1. I learn best when I am listening to and talking about the new information. As such, I am very particular with explanations, discussions and exchange of ideas so that I can fully comprehend what is needed to be understood and done. Aural contents are said to complement association and visualization. Indeed, I have to acquire enough information from reliable resources and hear straight from them before I can visualize the outcomes of specific functions, roles and activities. I struggle at figuring out details on written memos and company reports unless a superior will explain the contents to me especially when I am not very familiar with the issues being discussed.

Last edited: