Let me introduce all of you Production manager job description as following and I hope it is more useful for community to discuss.
I/ Key job tasks of production manager
1. Overseeing the production process, drawing up a production schedule.
2. Ensure planned KPIís of efficiency and performance are met or exceeded.
3. Ensuring that the production is cost effective.
4. Develop and track improvement in reduction of planned dh hours.
5. Coordinate, set up and implement standard operating procedure for all production operations.
6. Making sure that products are produced on time and are of good quality.
7. Manage the adherence to prescribed procedures to ensure first pass quality meets or exceeds planned goals.
8. Working out the human and material resources needed.
9. Ensure prescribed line pmís are completed timely.
10. Ensure complete compliance to prescribed QMS, GMPís and 5S processes.
11. Drafting a timescale for the job.
12. Estimating costs and setting the quality standards.
13. Track competencies of subordinates and provide leadership and development as required to achieve the objectives.
14. Ensure implementation and evolution of safety procedure.
15. Monitoring the production processes and adjusting schedules as needed.
16. Monitoring product standards and implementing quality-control programs.
17. Implement and drive continuous improvement activities through implementation of change management process and best practices.
18. Liaising among different departments, e.g. Suppliers, managers.
19. Optimize resource utilization by implementation of an effective production organization.
20. Working with managers to implement the company's policies and goals.
21. Ensuring that health and safety guidelines are followed.
22. Ensure coaching and development of resources to meet businessís objectives.
23. Supervising and motivating a team of workers.
24. Reviewing the performance of subordinates.
Source: Production manager job description