henry ford great leadere

rahul rao

HENRY FORD - A GREAT INNOVATOR​

"I will build a motor car for the multitude. It shall be large enough for the family, but small enough for the unskilled individual to operate easily and care for, and it shall be light in weight and it may be economical in maintenance. It will be built of honest materials, by the best workmen that money can hire, after the simplest designs that modern engineering can devise. But it shall be so low in price that the man of moderate means may own one and enjoy with his family the blessings of happy hours spent in God's great open spaces."
Vision of Henry Ford (1903)

"Ford's action transformed American industrial society."

Peter Drucker, economist and management guru.

"There was no way to escape the fact that Henry Ford was the great business impresario of his era - or any era for that matter."

Douglas Brinkley, author, Wheels for the World.
INTRODUCTION​

In November 1999, Fortune magazine named Henry Ford (Ford), founder of the Ford Motor Company (Ford Co.)[4] as the 'Businessman of the 20th Century.' Ford was accorded this honor for transforming the lives of billions of people and revolutionizing the automobile world by creating a car which was affordable to the common working middle class. Ford was chosen ahead of three other finalists - Alfred Sloan Jr. (General Motors), Thomas Watson (IBM), and Bill Gates (Microsoft) - as the 20th century business leader. Sheryl James (James), Detroit Free Press, reporter, feature writer, and winner of the 1991 Pulitzer Prize for feature writing (journalism), said, "Ford Motor Co.'s founder was a charismatic risk-taker who relentlessly pursued his vision."[5]

In December 1999, Ford was named the 'Automotive Entrepreneur of the Century' by the Car of the Century (COTC) International panel of journalists and historians for his invaluable contributions to the world and in particular to the field of automobile manufacturing. Dick Holzhaus, founder, COTC International (Netherlands), commented, "The twentieth century can, in retrospect, be regarded as the 'century of the car' - a revolution of technology and lifestyle. In this revolution, Ford Motor Company paved the way both as a manufacturer and as an industry leader. It was Henry Ford's vision to give people unprecedented mobility that changed the lives of millions throughout the world."[6]

These awards and recognitions were in recognition of Ford's invaluable contributions to the automobile industry. Ford was credited with enhancing the standards of living of people with his inventions like the quadricycle and the Ford Model T, and his use of the assembly-line production approach in the early 1900s. Ford had formulated a philosophy of three Ps - People, Products and Profit - for his company. Explaining the relationship between the three Ps, he said in 1916, "I don't believe we should make such an awful profit on our cars. A reasonable profit is right, but not too much. I hold that it is better to sell a large number of cars at a reasonably small profit......I hold this because it enables a larger number of people to buy and enjoy the use of a car and because it gives a larger number of men employment at good wages. Those are the two aims I have in life."[7]

zxs321

Hi everybody this is my first post on MP. i was a perennial lurker in the MP forums but never registered myself (which, i accept, was my mistake!). i want to collect some matter/presentation about entrepreneurship n i think i have hit the right section n thread