Pest Analysis On Aon Corporation -
December 3rd, 2010
Aon Corporation (NYSE: AON) is a provider of risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, human capital and management consulting, and specialty insurance underwriting. It is based in the Aon Center in the Chicago Loop area of Chicago, Illinois, United States. In July 2007, Aon Corp. was ranked as the world's second largest insurance broker.
Aon was created in 1982, when the Ryan Insurance Group (founded by Pat Ryan in the 1960s) merged with the Combined Insurance Company of America (founded by W. Clement Stone in 1919). In 1987, that company was introduced to Wall Street as Aon, a Gaelic word meaning “oneness”. Combined Insurance was sold to ACE Limited in April 2008.
On 22 August 2008, Aon announced that it had acquired London-based Benfield Group. The acquiring price was $1.75 Billion (USD) or 935 million pounds, with $170 Million (USD) of debt. Today, the company is best known internationally as the principal sponsor of English football giant, Manchester United.
On July 12, 2010, Aon announced that it has agreed to buy Lincolnshire, IL based Hewitt Associates for $4.9 billion in cash and stock.
Empress Consulting is a consulting firm that is scheduled to begin operations in June, 2009. Empress Consulting will be a sole proprietorship owned by Olivia Leung. Olivia Leung has previous experience working in a large consulting firm and decided to put up her own business focusing on small and medium size businesses. Empress Consulting chose to focus on these businesses because many large consulting firms are focusing on large business clients creating a demand for consulting services for small and medium sized businesses with affordable charges.
Vision and Mission Statement
Empress Consulting’s mission is to become a leader in small business consulting by providing its clients with consulting services that aim to help them become more successful.
Empress Consulting’s primary objectives over the next year are to:
1. Obtain a bank loan of HK$2 million to cover the start up costs and initial operating costs for Empress Consulting.
2. Attract investors within the next year and encourage them to invest HK$ 10 million to finance business growth.
3. Generate one new client contact a month by networking with key industry leaders and local lending institutions, conducting seminars and workshops for small and medium sized businesses, and joining key business and industry associations.
3. Generate a net profit of HK$750,000 in the first year by developing a string client base and keeping overhead costs to a minimum.
4. Develop and conduct training programs, business workshops and seminars that meet the needs of small and medium sized businesses in Hong Kong and China.
Help Others > Network > Grow
Work with us part time/full time as forum moderator. Email us your resume on careers @ managementparadise.com PLS PRESS THANKS BUTTON IF U LIKED MY POST.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.