SWOT ANALYSIS ON Wells Fargo & Company -
December 1st, 2010
Wells Fargo & Company is a diversified financial services company with operations around the world. Wells Fargo is the fourth largest bank in the US by assets and the third largest bank by market capitalization. Wells Fargo is the second largest bank in deposits, home mortgage servicing, and debit card. In 2007 it was the only bank in the United States to be rated AAA by S&P, though its rating has since been lowered to AA- in light of the financial crisis of 2007–2010.
The firm's primary U.S. operating subsidiary is national bank Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., which designates its main office as Sioux Falls, South Dakota for legal purposes.
Wells Fargo in its present form is a result of an acquisition of California-based Wells Fargo & Company. by Minneapolis-based Norwest Corporation in 1998. Although Norwest was technically the surviving entity, the new company renamed itself Wells Fargo, capitalizing on the 150-year history of the nationally-recognized name and its trademark stagecoach. Following the acquisition, the company transferred its headquarters to Wells Fargo's headquarters in San Francisco and merged its operating subsidiary with Wells Fargo's operating subsidiary in Sioux Falls.
In 2009 Wells Fargo had 6,650 retail branches (called stores by Wells Fargo), 12,260 automated teller machines, 276,000 employees and over 48 million customers. Wells Fargo operates stores and ATMs under the Wells Fargo and Wachovia names. As of March 20, 2010 Wachovia Dealer Services became Wells Fargo Dealer Services.
* Cost advantage
* Effective communication
* Empower new health care capibilities
* Provide foundation for shared information
* Scalable, ready to go online as partial system
* Need for public release of private types of information
* Bad data in the system degrades results
* Lack of trust
* Lots of time required to format information into the system
* Product and services expansion
* Long term reduction in health care costs
* Long term reduced IT staff headcount
* Maturing categories, products, or services
* Product substitution
* Alternative web data structure gains acceptance
* Privacy concerns drive opposition to system
* Time required to format information into the system
Help Others > Network > Grow
Work with us part time/full time as forum moderator. Email us your resume on careers @ managementparadise.com PLS PRESS THANKS BUTTON IF U LIKED MY POST.