Discuss SWOT ANALYSIS ON Starz within the Principles of Management ( P.O.M) forums, part of the PUBLISH / UPLOAD PROJECT OR DOWNLOAD REFERENCE PROJECT category; Starz (originally "Starz!", it dropped the exclamation point in 2005) is a U.S. pay television channel that features mainly first-run ...
| ||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
SWOT ANALYSIS ON Starz
SWOT ANALYSIS ON Starz - November 30th, 2010
Starz (originally "Starz!", it dropped the exclamation point in 2005) is a U.S. pay television channel that features mainly first-run motion pictures. It was founded in 1994 and it is owned by Liberty Starz. Encore, its sister channel, was launched three years earlier. Starz and Encore are considered the flagship channels of Starz Entertainment.
As of December 2008, Starz's programming is available to 17.7 million subscribers in the United States.
* Strong brand recognition in the business to business market
* Extensive breadth of product lines and new technologies
* Diverse resource base that is readily available to aid in serving a global market
* Superior research and development practices and capabilities
* Advanced and timley distribution tactics to make ensure customer satisfaction
* Little to no brand name recognition in the retail markets
* Not yet involved in power generation and supply like some of top competition
* Lack of marketing, (over-reliance on brand image and word of mouth)
* Enormous profits can be made in future restructuring of electrical grids
* Continue to expand in the fiber optic sector and become the market leader
* Explore options of creating more bases in Canada
* The current infrastructure stimulus will boost short term profits
* Expand into the retail sector
* Partner with major consumer electronics company to provide materials
* The decrease in fossil fuel reliance can adversely affect the need for electrical supplies
* Competitors such as TDK Corp. and Tyco that are gaining market share
* Rising materials costs such as copper
Help Others > Network > Grow
Work with us part time/full time as forum moderator. Email us your resume on careers @ managementparadise.com PLS PRESS THANKS BUTTON IF U LIKED MY POST.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|bad communication, brand equity, development labs, financial position, first-run, flagship channels, global experience, high r&d, high-quality, liberty starz, loyal customers, manufacturing base, motion pictures, pay television, pricing, process development, risk management, sister channel, starz entertainment, starz tv, supply chain, swot analysis, swot of us companies|
|Related to SWOT ANALYSIS ON Starz|