abhishreshthaa

SWOT ANALYSIS ON Du Pont de Nemours : E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company (NYSE: DDPRA, NYSE: DDPRB, NYSE: DD), commonly referred to as DuPont, is an American chemical company that was founded in July 1802 as a gunpowder mill by Eleuthère Irénée du Pont. DuPont was the world's third largest chemical company based on market capitalization and ninth based on revenue in 2009. Its stock price is a component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average.

In the 20th century, DuPont developed many polymers such as Vespel, neoprene, nylon, Corian, Teflon, Mylar, Kevlar, Zemdrain, M5 fiber, Nomex, Tyvek, Sorona and Lycra. DuPont developed Freon (chlorofluorocarbons) for the refrigerant industry and later, more environmentally friendly refrigerants. It developed synthetic pigments and paints including ChromaFlair.

DuPont's trademarked brands often become more commonly used than the generic or chemical description of the material. For instance, “neoprene” was originally intended to be a trademark, but quickly came into common usage.

Strengths

* Established regional retailer in the US
* Unique business structure & ESOP (employee stock ownership program) structure
* Low pricing increases market share during down economy while higher price grocery competitors struggle for share

Weaknesses

* Limited exposure to opportunities
* Inability to raise capital due to private ownership
* Large stores unappealing to some consumers

Opportunities

* Store expansion
* Private label growth
* Growing demand for healthy foods

Threats

* Increasing labor costs
* Intense competition

Last edited by a moderator:
SWOT ANALYSIS ON Du Pont de Nemours : E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company (NYSE: DDPRA, NYSE: DDPRB, NYSE: DD), commonly referred to as DuPont, is an American chemical company that was founded in July 1802 as a gunpowder mill by Eleuthère Irénée du Pont. DuPont was the world's third largest chemical company based on market capitalization and ninth based on revenue in 2009. Its stock price is a component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average.

In the 20th century, DuPont developed many polymers such as Vespel, neoprene, nylon, Corian, Teflon, Mylar, Kevlar, Zemdrain, M5 fiber, Nomex, Tyvek, Sorona and Lycra. DuPont developed Freon (chlorofluorocarbons) for the refrigerant industry and later, more environmentally friendly refrigerants. It developed synthetic pigments and paints including ChromaFlair.

DuPont's trademarked brands often become more commonly used than the generic or chemical description of the material. For instance, “neoprene” was originally intended to be a trademark, but quickly came into common usage.

Strengths

* Established regional retailer in the US
* Unique business structure & ESOP (employee stock ownership program) structure
* Low pricing increases market share during down economy while higher price grocery competitors struggle for share

Weaknesses

* Limited exposure to opportunities
* Inability to raise capital due to private ownership
* Large stores unappealing to some consumers

Opportunities

* Store expansion
* Private label growth
* Growing demand for healthy foods

Threats

* Increasing labor costs
* Intense competition

Hey friend, I read your article regarding Du Pont de Nemours and it is really nice. I appreciate your work and would hope you would share more contents like this in future. Well, I am also uploading a document which would give more detailed information.

Attachments

• Du Pont de Nemours.pdf
    20.4 KB · Views: 0