SWOT ANALYSIS ON Alliant Techsystems Inc -
November 26th, 2010
Alliant Techsystems Inc., most commonly known by its ticker symbol, NYSE: ATK, is one of the largest aerospace and defense companies in the United States with more than 18,000 employees in 22 states, Puerto Rico and internationally, and 2010 revenues in excess of an estimated US$4.8 billion.
The company headquarters is located in suburban Minneapolis, Minnesota.
* Solid product portfolio (aeronautics, electronic & space systems, integrated solutions, others)
* Strong relationship with the US government
* High asset turnover
* Strong financial performance
* Close to 85% of revenues come from one source: US government
* Softness in aeronautics division
* Revenue per employee significantly lower compared to Boeing, Rolls Royce
* Low price approach achieved at the expense of employee salaries and high turnover
* Order backlog simply needs to be fulfilled
* Recent acquisitions (i.e.,. Aculight Corporation)
* Rising defense spending in the US and worldwide
* Rising commodity prices
* Government contracts & future regulation
* Potential decreases in US government spending
* Employee retention & availability
Help Others > Network > Grow
Work with us part time/full time as forum moderator. Email us your resume on careers @ managementparadise.com PLS PRESS THANKS BUTTON IF U LIKED MY POST.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.