Discuss SWOT ANALYSIS ON Giant Food Stores within the Principles of Management ( P.O.M) forums, part of the PUBLISH / UPLOAD PROJECT OR DOWNLOAD REFERENCE PROJECT category; Giant Food Stores, LLC is an American supermarket chain that currently operates stores in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, and West Virginia ...
| ||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
SWOT ANALYSIS ON Giant Food Stores
SWOT ANALYSIS ON Giant Food Stores - November 25th, 2010
Giant Food Stores, LLC is an American supermarket chain that currently operates stores in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, and West Virginia under the names of Giant, FoodSource, and Martin's. Giant is a subsidiary of Netherlands-based Royal Ahold. Giant Food Stores are often referred to as Giant-Carlisle so not to be confused with sister company Giant-Landover.
* Strong regional brand
* Strong loyalty card program
* Hybrid EDLP pricing strategy makes them very price competitive
* The fastest growing banner of Ahold in the US
* Senior management changes
* Strained relationship with other sister banners
* High competition from Wal-Mart, Wegmans
* Loyalty card program development - shopper insights
* Private label development
* Leverage new store prototypes
* Competition from Wal-Mart (70% market overlap), other regional competition (Wegmans, Giant Eagle)
* Pressure from shareholders might compromise short term for longer term decisions
* Regional markets with weak economic conditions
Help Others > Network > Grow
Work with us part time/full time as forum moderator. Email us your resume on careers @ managementparadise.com PLS PRESS THANKS BUTTON IF U LIKED MY POST.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:|
|Related to SWOT ANALYSIS ON Giant Food Stores|
Re: SWOT ANALYSIS ON Giant Food Stores
Re: SWOT ANALYSIS ON Giant Food Stores - June 24th, 2015
Advantages of Swot Analysis
1) Identify and avail opportunity
2) Eliminate weakness
3) Differentiate your brand in the market
4) Provide edge over competitor
5) keeps you alert
|analysis, food, giant, stores, swot|