abhishreshthaa

SWOT ANALYSIS ON 7-Eleven : 7-Eleven is part of an international chain of convenience stores, operating under Seven-Eleven Japan Co. Ltd, which in turn is owned by Seven & I Holdings Co. of Japan.

7-Eleven, primarily operating as a franchise, is the world's largest operator, franchisor and licensor of convenience stores with more than 39,000 outlets,surpassing the previous record-holder McDonald's Corporation in 2007 by approximately 1,000 retail stores. The US subsidiary of the Japanese firm has its headquarters in the One Arts Plaza building in Downtown Dallas, Texas. Its stores are located in eighteen countries, with its largest markets being Japan, the United States, Canada, the Philippines, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Malaysia and Thailand. On a per-capita basis, Norway for example has one 7-11 for every 47,000 Norwegians, versus Canada which has one for every 74,000 Canadians.

Strengths

* Real estate availability
* Localized assortment
* Convenience
* High margins
* Franchise model allows for faster expansion
* Relatively standardized stores allow for more optimized operations

Weaknesses

* High margins/prices
* Limited assortment offering
* Not perceived as a place to buy a complete meal
* Not a first choice destination for shoppers
* High turnover of staff

Opportunities

* Fresh food offerings
* Increase share of meals (i.e., breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks)
* Private label development

Threats

* C-store competition and other small-box retailers (i.e., Fresh & Easy, Marketside)
* QSR or similar companies (quick service restaurants); Starbucks, McDonald's, etc.
* Higher shrinkage on fresh food could potentially impact margins

Last edited by a moderator:
Swot Analysis is the key factor and help to gauge the effective progress about organization. Why organization conduct SWOT? .
SWOT is initiated to find out the ways to get differentiated from competitors. It helps to measure their strength and realize the opportunity to boost the business.Here are the functions of SWOT.
1) Give competitive advantage
2)provides knowledge about market.
3) Try to resolve internal communications and identify the weakness so,that it can be resolved.