Re: Types of Direct Marketing -
December 31st, 2013
Types of direct marketing:-
1. Direct mail- Direct mail is posted mail that advertises your business and its products and services.
2. Telemarketing- Telemarketing involves contacting potential customers over the phone to sell products or services. Telemarketing is capable of generating new customer prospects in large volumes.
3. Email marketing- Email marketing is a simple, cost-effective and measurable way of reaching your customers. It can include e-newsletters, promotional emails to generate new leads or offers for existing customers, or ads that can appear in other business's emails.
4. Text (SMS) marketing- Text messaging allows businesses to reach individual customers and send messages to large groups of people at a low cost. You could use short message service (SMS) messaging to send customers sales alerts, links to website updates, appointment or delivery reminders, or personalized messaging.
5. Social media marketing- Social media can be used effectively as a marketing tool for business as it gives you the opportunity to interact directly with your customers and regularly share relevant product or service information.
6. Direct selling- Direct selling is an effective way to grow a flexible, low-cost business. Direct selling involves an independent salesperson selling products or services directly to customers, often at a customer's home or workplace. Traditional direct selling methods include door-to-door sales, party plans and network marketing.