How I Prepared Myself For MBA Entrance ?

gaurav200x

Gaurav Mittal
Hi guys,
I am posting some experiences of people who were successful to get through IIMs. Hope u would benefit a lot from it.

Enjoy!!

:SugarwareZ-191:

[FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Aditya Biyani
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Batch of 2000-02.
IIM-Ahmedabad.

[/SIZE][/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]I took the CAT 99 only for the 6 IIMs. I didn't want to go to any 2nd rung B-School. Further , I believe in "Burning your Bridges"- if you have only 6 schools, you are bound to work extra hard. I got calls from all the six IIMs and converted all 6, and here I am in IIM-Ahmedabad. My preparation was gradual and steady. I worked for about 1.5-2 hours for about 2-3 months till Aug. and then for about 3-4 hours till Oct. In Nov. I took a number of Mock CATs to fine tune my strategy.

[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]TIPS[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Be REGULAR. This is most important. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]
Join a coaching class, but make sure it is not a shady one.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
Read a lot, specially abstract topics, like sociology, psychology... Ideally your reading speed should be around 400 words and above (depending on the type of passage) by the mid-Nov.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
Pace your preparation steadily. Ensure that you "peak" around 1st week of Dec.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
Practice mental maths, like 2 by 2 and 3 by 3 digit divisions. This would give you the requisite speed in Data Interpretation.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
Practice Maths regularly.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
After taking Mock CATs , ANALYSE your mistakes, as to where you could have done better. Also make sure that you read the whole paper and not leave out any "sitters". These are generally placed after a "toughie".
[/SIZE][/FONT]
Find out your strength areas, where you need to maximise your marks.Also spend a separate 1 hour on your weak area DAILY.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
All the best!
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Batch of 2000-02. IIM-Ahmedabad.[/SIZE][/FONT]​

gaurav200x

Gaurav Mittal
[FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Anuj Sehgal
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Batch of 1999-01
IIM-Ahmedabad.

[/SIZE][/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]I think there are 2 parts to preparing for CAT. Let us assume that one has to take the exam in December of year 2. The first part is to
prepare and do the ground work for the more rigorous second part.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
The first part of the preparation which includes improving reading speed, building ones vocabulary and increasing mental calculation speed one needs to start in say the June of year 1.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
Reading speed could be increased by reading newspapers, good books on various subjects and not only fast reading but one should be able to comprehend what one reads.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
Mental calculation can be increased by doing simple maths WITHOUT THE USE OF CALCULATOR. Getting rid of the calculator which becomes a habit in college is very important.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
Vocabulary can be improved my seeing the meaning of difficult words while reading in a dictionary and then using these words.

[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Part 2[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]This is where u join a professional coaching and take practice tests. This can be started in June of year 2. Practice is the key to success and most importantly continuous practice. For instance if u take regular tests for a month and practice all four sections (Quanti, DI, Verbal and RC) and then do nothing for the next 15 days then all your practice goes down the drain.[/SIZE][/FONT]
So one needs to build the tempo and maintain it and be continuous in practice.

[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Ideally one should take practice tests for 2-3 months continuously which should culminate in the exam in December so that one is at his/her peak just before the exam.

[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Also it is very important to score qualifying marks in each section and so pay attention to each section during the exam and try and attempt say 20-25 questions in each section first and then go for the section in which u feel u can do better.

[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Ideally one should take practice tests for 2-3 months continuously which should culminate in the exam in December so that one is at his/her peak just before the exam.[/SIZE][/FONT]

gaurav200x

Gaurav Mittal
[FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Anuj Arora
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Batch of 2003-05
IIM-Ahmedabad

[/SIZE][/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND!!!

When Spielberg uncle made this movie long back i guess he would've never guessed that his movie would b a great inspiration for these famous management inst in India called IIM's!!

Surprisingly i got a call from three of these coveted inst A,B &C & even more surprisingly got selected in one of them, usually called the toughest of them & best of them-IIM-A!! now don't ask me how i made it cos even i'm trying my best to get the elusive answer!!

Let me relive those moments of glory......sorry I got lost in those moments!! But I'm back & kicking!! So we were called for gdpi for IIM-A in IIFT!! Great building but not as great as of IIM-A!! so there were loads of students called for gdpi ,ratio is usually 1:8!!let's not discuss stats for now cos they only discourage u!! to my expectation I found a lot of fellow engineer "bhailog" from variety of inst including the IIT's!! why can't these geeks settle for something less than IIM's?? so now we shld proceed to the GD ist!!

A gp of 8 students r called for GD's in various rooms to b courted by different panels simultaneously!!(I mean mass-slaughter!!) In IIM-A there is always a case study given to b discussed!! The gp is usually be seated around a table which can b of L or U or st line type of shape!! It helps if u r seated in the center cos can have others attention easily otherwise it helps if u can raise your decibel level but it shouldn't sound like shouting!! Try to have a "cultured" GD that's what my inst ppl told me!!

So to my disdain I got a corner seat(the seating arrangement is pre-set by inst ppl!!)

We were given 5 min to gather our thoughts on a piece of paper & then after a command of "START" by the panelist the mayhem began!! there r a lot of things seen in a gd!!such as who initiates the gd,but initiating doesn't guarantee better pts!! The grasp of the topic, communication skill(try not saying hindi words in b/w),the quality of pts raised,being a good listener(it helps a lot cos a no of times students say wrong facts or otherwise & u can capitalize on it by saying with sugar coated voice:= " my friend I would differ with u on this statement cos---"!! but don't cut other's pts just for the sake of it!! Take control of your body movements as well,like moving both hands while talking sometimes gives an impression that u r dusting a blackboard!! Sometimes u can b asked to give "summary" or "personnel views" abt the topic!! There is difference b/w the two & please b precise!! U don't have to recite the whole "ramayan"

Usually the panel present in the gd would b there in interview!! So they know what u have performed so try being nice but assertive & forceful!!

The main thing is that in a gd it's not the quantity of time spoken counts but the quality of what u've spoken!

In the gd there can b a variety of topics i.e based on latest happenings ex- "iraq war", conceptual kind ex "if u don't manage the time then time will manage u!!" or totally abstract ex "who need education??" or" yesterday's gone tomorrow hasn't come & we've got today!!" these r previously given topics in IIM's!! so to prepare for these what u need is "knowledge"!! u can't prep in the last 1 month!! So prep slow & steady!! If u don't have the habit of reading newspaper & magazines regularly develop it!! Reading CSR would also help!! if u read INDIA- TODAY then have a reason why not OUTLOOK or FRONTLINE!! This habit would b helpful 4 both gd & pi!!

Now moving to next stage of the slaughter i.e pi !! I was the ist to b called in my gp so obviously considered myself as "Ginny pig" for the whole gp, but as there was no choice "I was ready 2 rock & roll!!" the panel size is usually 2-3,but as I told u earlier don't let facts effect u!! Another imp thing "don't loose your smile no matter what!!" even if u don't answer 4 ques in a row but can confidently answer the 5th one, u r in the race!!

So talking abt my interview, they started off straight with academics (all my prep for the intro thing went waste!!) they asked me which subjects I had & started off!! Abt academics the imp thing is that u can't prep for everything especially engineers(being myself one, obviously I'll b biased & symathetic!!)prep atleast 2-3 subjects they may ask u your fav subject & then say "that's not my fav subject,tell someother subject!!" so if u've prep just one u r gone!! So better've backup!!

Coming back to my interview for non-engg the ques may sound out of the world but notice that to which level they expect u 2 know!! It's mainly how strong your basics r & if u r able to put them in practical situations!! So I mentioned MICROPROCESSOR as one of the subject!! The questioning went as follows:=

[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]1) anuj what is a microprocessor?
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Anuj) $&%^$^%&%*&(*&%&^%&%^$^$^*

[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]2) what is the difference b/w a processor & microprocessor?
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Anuj) @#^%#^%$#^&*%*&*&&

[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]3) how do u fabricate this microprocessor?
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Anuj) sir we use PLANAR TECHNOLOGY!!

[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]4) what do u do in this tech?
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Anuj) sir we use a SIO2 layer!!

[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]5) from where do u get this layer?
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Anuj) we've electro graded silicon &#$&#Y^&

[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]6) from where do u get this electro graded silicon??
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Anuj) we've metal graded silicon & $#$#&$#&&^

[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]7) from where do u get this metal graded silicon
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]anuj) we've silicon & %*$%$#&$#$

[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]8) from where do we get this silicon?
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Anuj) %&&&%%%##$&#$#

[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]9) what next?
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Anuj) we have epitaxial layer &$&^&^&%&%

[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]10) anuj while using all these layers in what form they r?
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]anuj) they r in molten form & then they ^*&^%&^

[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]11) while in molten form r they like iron sheets or what??
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]NOW I'D ENOUGH & WAS PI**ED OFF BUT NATURALLY SMILING OUTSIDE!!
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]anuj) sir in book it's given till only this level!![/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]UFFFFFFFFF!! As u would've noticed they c that to what level u can tolerate the 3rd degree torture!! When u answer a ques expect some more coming!! what the panel does is that they c 2 what extent u can answer cos sooner or later they will make u say "SIR I DON'T KNOW" the latter the better!! No superficial knowledge!! Deep knowledge!!

Same way it goes for hobbies!! Let me mention that when u mention hobbies have thorough knowledge abt it otherwise u r gone!! Do extra research which will stand u out from others!!

A lot of ppl say music, now that's very vague!b specific!! For ex I said YANNI!! Now I'd his life history mugged up,his past,his music style,name of albums,larget selling album & why I like his music!! Prep well for hobbies cos take my word it'll b dissected!!

Imp thing in interview is EYE CONTACT!! Hey I don't mean eve teasing!! Look confident!! The other thing is "never contradict yourself!!" once u've taken a stand ,b strong & face the wind but stay put!!

Another imp thing whenever they say "TAKE ANOTHER GUESS!"it's a booby trap don't fall in it!! If u r not sure don't fluke!! But unfortunately I made this mistake!! FLUKING IN IIM-A INTERVIEW?? Yes readers I consider myself lucky that I made it cos to cover up I'd to fluke another 4 times!! Actually I was asked mt Everest's height!! By bad luck I'd no clue!!ist ans was 10,000 feet!! Was asked to take another guess!!(booby trap!! Don't fall for it!!)I took another guess & after that there were 3 more ques regarding that!! Now both panelists & I knew I was trapped!! But I was in a gladiator mood!! I defied all reasoning & logic & answered with confidence & smile! I didn't backed out!! I knew that only way out of this mess is that pretend that nothing has happened & stay cool!! Although I would highly recommend that u don't make this mistake & if press gets u & u make the mistake DON'T PANICK!

Face the music but stay cool!! This is what they c that if u make a mistake how do u handle it?? Do u've the guts to back up your wrong statement?? Cos not everytime u'll know the answer!! Also I couldn't answer a couple of ques don't let it ruin rest of the interview!!

Other thing is not let panelists expressions make u feel let down cos they will try to discourage with occasional sneer & odd comment!! Just smile & ignore!! No matter how bad is the comment "BE BESHARAM YAAR!!"

So I think enough for now & best of luck to all for the written & gd pi's!! if u want to give any comments on the article u r most welcome & u think anything else would b helpful??

[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]AS ARNIE BHAI RIGHTLY SAID SO DO I SAY IT :="I'LL B BACK"!![/SIZE][/FONT]

gaurav200x

Gaurav Mittal
[FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Arun Rao
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Batch of '93.
IIM-Ahmedabad.

[/SIZE][/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]I started studying for my MBA exams just as I entered into my third year in college. I started by taking an assessment test to identify the areas where I would need to concentrate most. I realized that I was very weak in Mathematics and that would pull me down. I took up to revising the math's syllabus from standard 5th to 12th and this kept me busy for three months. Once I was sure of my fundamentals, I started with the study materials from IMS that helped me

prepare the basics and also gave me enough practice on multiple-choice questions.Through all this study on theory, I continued to keep up with current events and started reading the editorials of the major news papers and magazines. This helped me put the news in perspective and trained me to cultivate opinions and understand trends.

[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]This multi pronged training helped me prepare for the test ahead of the CAT and do well in the Group discussions and Interviews.[/SIZE][/FONT]
TIPS[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Know your weaknesses

[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Work to rectify your weakness from the fundamentals

[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Try to get as much mock test practice as possible

[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Break your work into schedules through out the day allowing you some time for enjoyment

[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Have a strong desire to get into the best school and back it up with hard work.

[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]All the best![/SIZE][/FONT]

gaurav200x

Gaurav Mittal
[FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Baskar Vembu
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Batch of 94.
IIM-Ahmedabad.

[/SIZE][/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Take all tests timed. i.e. even if you're doing one section of half hour say verbal. Time it and take it UNDISTURBED.

[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Analysis of the test is more important than the test taking itself. for example a 2 hour test taken should be analysed : All questions including those which have been attempted right. This would introduce one to more elegant solutions etc.

[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Maintain section wise data across tests on parameters like No. of questions, no. attempted, right, wrong and net score.

[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Analyse this trend to arrive at the areas or sections where one needs to spend available time in the most optimum manner.

[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Flash cards for Verbal (Dont know whether they are still part of CAT, but anyways...)

[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Guys who are diffident in quant need loads of practise so buy up GMAT/GRE stuff but reduce the time provided to a maximum of half of the time specified in those books.

[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Group interaction keeps oneself motivated hence keep the networking on : make sure they're serious guys too... [/SIZE][/FONT]

gaurav200x

Gaurav Mittal
[FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Dhruva Banerjee
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Batch of 94.
IIM-Ahmedabad.[/SIZE][/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]TIPS

[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]In Entrance Exam...

When in difficulty, if the value of the mutliple choices are not very close, use "short cut mental" calculations to arrive at approximate answers. The number closest to the approximate answer is likely to be the correct one.

[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]When constraint of time, focus on ansering questions CORRECTLY rather than answering MORE questions.

[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]In an interview...
a) be straight (don't bullshit if you don't know)
b) use plain and simple language (avoid jargons) and
c) be aware of current affairs (review of newspapers, current affairs magazines help).
[/SIZE][/FONT]

gaurav200x

Gaurav Mittal
[FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Pradip Jain
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Batch of 2000.
IIM-Ahmedabad.

[/SIZE][/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]CAT requires a consistent preparation for about 4-5 months. Hardwork and sincerity is the key to success.

[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Make sure you get your fundamentals correct in the initial months.

[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Comprehensive tests should be taken regularly from October onwards. Prior to that don't take more than 2-3 comprehensive tests.

[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Analysis of any test is the most critical part. Typically a section test of 30 mins requires 1-1/2 hrs analysis and a comprehensive test of 2 hrs would need about 6-7 hrs of analysis.

[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]No. of tests you give are not important. For example taking 15 comprehensive test with proper analysis would be a better strategy than going for 40 tests without doing proper analysis.

[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]LAST MOMMENT TIPS

[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]During the last week don't take any test. (seriously i mean it)

[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Make sure you watch atleast 2 movies in the last week.

[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Have a good sleep on saturday.(just prior to the d-day, i myself had slept for 10 hrs)[/SIZE][/FONT]

adi4mba

Hi,

Really helpful information given by all you guys out here. The info given here takes care of all the nitty gritties of CAT. However, I needed your help, if possible on how to find some mock CAT papers to help me prepare for CAT '08

Any links/sites I could visit that you know of?

akashram

Banned
Join Coaching class for MBA entrance exam. Practice all the questions. Study previous years MBA entrance questions. Keep time management.

guggu

Thanks for share your experience here. I am preparing for CAT Entrance Exam and really looking for someone who can share their past experience regarding MBA entrance exam preparation. There are many doubts in my mind regarding CAT exam preparation but now there is no doubt. Thanks to you

Sapna225

Hello Guys,
Preparation for MBA Entrance Exams needs in-depth information, analytical mind, sharp memory, methodical preparing and preparations. Don’t need to say that the applicants cannot and should not effort the preparations over night.
Some important aspects that are common to most of the entrance examinations are here below:

1. Quantitative Aptitude
2. Logical Reasoning
3. Comprehension Test
4. General Awareness
5. Group Discussion and Interview

Some Best Entrance Coaching Institutes are T.I.M.E.(Triumphant Institute Of Management Education Pvt. Ltd), Brilliant tutorials, Career Forum, Manya Education private Limited, VistaMind and IMS Institute.

peter27

Hello,

Well as we all know that the CAT pattern changed drastically last year. The major reason behind bringing this change was to help students prepare for this management entrance test on their own without taking much of assistance.

Earlier the CAT pattern was such that coaching institutes used to help students with the tricks and techniques behind each typical question.

But now CAT has become a logic based test rather than memorizing tricks and techniques for different types of question. Mostly working professionals preparing for these tests who are generally not able to find much time to join coaching institutes are at benefit now.

Students can join in various test series to practice as many questions as possible to become logical i their approach which is required on the D day.

Good Luck !

roschinkelley

Hi, You can start preparing from a revolutionary product Success MBA Series - smarter way to excel in MBA Entrance Exams (2014) available online.
MBA Entrance Exam Preparation Success CD
Practice tool for MBA ENTRANCE EXAMS including the following:

Verbal Ability or Proficiency in English, , Mathematics & Quantitative Aptitude, DATA INTERPRETATION, Unlimited Test of Reasoning [Analogies, Classification, Figure Matrices, Series]

The most comprehensive technical tool for Maths, Aptitude, Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning and English practice.