NMAT

ViJiT

Vijith Pujari
NMAT.jpg

kant

Here is the latest information on NMAT
Important Dates

NMAT 2006 on - Sunday, 10th December, 2006 at 3.00 p.m.
1. Last date of issue of Application forms (Rs.1,400/-) 08th November, 2006
2. Last date of receipt of application forms (at AIMA, New Delhi) 13th November, 2006
3. Call letters/Admit Cards for NMAT 2007 will be available on www.nmims.edu at 5.00 pm 27th November, 2006
4. Conduct of NMAT 2007 (Reporting time 2.00 p.m.) 10th December, 2006
5. Result of NMAT 2007 and List of candidates called for GD/PI available on website www.nmims.edu at 5.00 pm 05th January, 2007
6. Last date of receipt of Applications for GD & PI with Rs.950/- (at NMIMS, Mumbai) 22nd January, 2007
7. Call letters available on website for GD and PI www.nmims.edu at 5.00 pm 1st February, 2007
8. Group Discussion and Personal interview 17th to 25th February, 2007
9. List of selected candidates for admission on website www.nmims.edu (5.00 pm) 10th March, 2007
10. Counselling and payment of fees (11.00 am to 6.30 pm) 02nd, 03rd & 04th April, 2007
11. Registration & Inauguration at 10.00 am at NMIMS, Mumbai 11th June, 2007
12. Foundation Programme at NMIMS, Mumbai 12th June, 2007
13. Commencement of regular classes 02nd July, 2007

Programmes
MBA - Core Programme
This is a two –year full time programme, spread over six trimesters and leading to the degree in Master of Business Administration... MBA – Actuarial Science
The programme prepares the students for a role in various fields such as: Life Insurance, General Insurance...
MBA – Pharma Management
This course is a general management course concentrating on Pharmaceutical Marketing Strategy, distribution, promotion... MBA – Capital Markets
The program is unique in the sense that it integrates conceptual knowledge, contemporary inputs, technology, information...
MBA – Global Business
A six trimester Management Programme focusing on Global Business. The syllabi comparable with the world’s best B Schools... MBA – Retail Management
The retailing sector in India is highly fragmented (12 million retail outlets) and predominantly consists of small independent, ...
MBA – Services Management
As we move toward greater economic development, like other economies across the world, ...

Eligibility Criteria for all Full Time MBA Programmes

Essential Qualification (for all programmes except MBA – Actuarial Science & MBA – Pharmaceuticals Management)
• 10+2+3 degree in any branch of study or equivalent pattern recognized by the UGC & AIU. Minimum 50% marks in aggregate at degree level for all programmes. Those appearing for final examination can apply, if they produce Certificate of Appearance by 1st June and Final Certificate by 31/10/2007.
• MBA – Actuarial Science :- Graduates / Post graduates in Statistics / Mathematics / Engineering / Economics. Those appearing for final examination can apply, if they produce Certificate of Appearance by 1st June and Final Certificate by 31/10/2007. Graduates/Postgraduates from other disciplines will be eligible provided they have obtained minimum of 80% in Mathematics in 12th standard.
• MBA – Pharmaceuticals Management :- Graduate / Post graduate in Life Sciences / Bio – medicine / Chemical Engineering / Pharmacy / Medicine. Post Graduates in Sociology / Psychology / Anthropology are also eligible. Those appearing for final examination can apply, if they produce Certificate of Appearance by 1st June and Final Certificate by 31/10/2007.

Preferential Qualification:
• MBA – Global Business :- Graduates / Post Graduates in Science / Commerce / Engineering.

Work Experience:

MBA – Capital Market Minimum two year’s experience in organizations recognized by SEBI, IRDA, PFRDA, Forward Markets Commission or any Bank is essential. Experience will be reckoned as on 31st January 2007.
MBA – Global Business Two year’s relevant work experience is essential. Experience will be reckoned as on 31st January 2007. Company sponsorship welcome.
MBA – Actuarial Science Experience in Actuarial Department of Insurance/ Finance / consulting firms will be preferred.
MBA – Pharmaceuticals Management 2 years work experience in the relevant field is Essential.
For all other Full – time programmes Work experience in an Executive / Management Capacity will be preferred

ViJiT

Vijith Pujari
MANAGEMENT
MBA from Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
Eligibility: Bachelors degree (10+2+3) from a recognized university in any faculty with minimum of 50% marks.
Selection Procedure: Based on performance in NMAT 2006 followed by GD and PI of short listed candidates.
Prospectus and Application form can be acquired from all branches of UTI Bank for Rs 1100 or from NMIMS Mumbai by courier by sending a DD of Rs 1200, favouring SVKM's NMIMS, payable Mumbai along with a self-addressed cloth envelope of size 9" x 12". Send to SVKM's Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, V.L. Mehta Road, Vile Parle (W), Mumbai - 400056.
Last date for Issue of Application forms: October 15, 2005
Last date for receipt of completed application form: October 29, 2005
Condut of NMAT 2006: December 11, 2005
For further information visit http://www.nmims.edu

ankit_chan

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Thanks for the information Vijith & Kant.

Which is better option for filling the form ?? Is it online or form from UTI or from NMIMS ??

Please suggest me..

letscrackit

hw many seats r there for non gujratis?i hope there r sum seats left for non gujratis like us......generally wat is the cutoff for the call?

ross18

MP Guru
thanks for the information dude...but to let u knw tht 85 % of the seats are open category n only 15 % is reserved for Gujarati's so its almost the same for everyone...All the best for it...

gaurav200x

Gaurav Mittal
ross18 said:
thanks for the information dude...but to let u knw tht 85 % of the seats are open category n only 15 % is reserved for Gujarati's so its almost the same for everyone...All the best for it...
Are u sure? I think it is vice versa........... ..............

ross18

MP Guru
no dude i m sure about it i m appearing for NMAT n i knw its 85 % on Merit n just 15 % for Gujarati Quota...dude i m a Gujarati applyin for that 15 % quota...so i knw about it...

puneet9211

ankit_chan said:
Thanks for the information Vijith & Kant.

Which is better option for filling the form ?? Is it online or form from UTI or from NMIMS ??

Please suggest me..

info outdated:SugarwareZ-191:
please someone release fresh dates

ankit_chan

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
NMAT 2006 is tomorrow..

result of NMAT are on 5th Jan..

Last date of receipt of NMAT application for GD / PI with Rs. 950/- is on 22nd Jan..

On 1st Feb, call letters for GD / PI will be there on the Website..

17th to 25th Feb - GD / PI

10th Mar - list of selected candidates..

2,3 & 4 th April - counceling & payment of fees..

ross18

MP Guru
i m here applying for it...lets see what happens...All the best to all of the people applyin for it...

darelina

hey guys can u please tell me how is BBA at NMIMS UNIVERSITY or should i prefer sum oder bombay university based college like mithibai???need help pls reply

windows9897

thanks forthis community, its should b a really good experience surfing management paradise ...I always wanted to have nmat study materials