Calendar for preparation of CAT

ross18

MP Guru
Calendar for preparation of CAT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) 1st Dec to 15th March : Read the syllabus.

Start working on your vocabulary and for RC section now as this
cannot be done in a short time and needs a continuos efforts
over a period of time. You may devote 1 hour a day for this
section by reading newspapers and magazines. Read from
various sources on different subjects. Keep a dictionary handy
and consult it whenever required, keep a diary of new words you
come across. Start working on fundamentals for mathematics
and on topics where you consider yourself as weak.
Multiplication of numbers till 35*35 should be remembered.
Squares and cubes of numbers till 25 should be remembered.
Pythogoras triplets with any all the arms less than 200 should be
remembered. Start working on mental calculations with
percentages, fractions etc.

After 15th March continue to spend 30 minutes on reading
newspapers, magazines etc everyday till the end.

2) From 16th March to 11th April : Devote 1 hour and 30 minutes
everyday for Data Interpretation and Data sufficiency.

3) From 12th April to 10th May : Devote 1 hour and 30 minutes
everyday for Logical Reasoning and Verbal reasoning.

4) 11th May to 7th June , Take section tests on Data
Interpretation , data sufficiency etc.

4) 7th June till end of June for Arithmetic and Algebra.

5) 1st July till 21st July for Geometry, Set theory, Probability and
remaining part of QA.

6) 22nd July to 7th Aug for Section tests on QA.

7) 8th Aug to 21st Aug for section tests on English. By now you
should score well as you have devoted 1 hour a day on reading
newspaper and on improving your vocabulary.

8) 21st Aug to 10th Sept for the section you think you did not
perform well in your section test.

9 ) From 10th Sept to Oct end : Take Full time Mock test twice a
week. In Nov till CAT is held take 3 test a week. You should be
comfortably able to take 25 full time test.

Note : After each section test and Full time test you must go back
and solve the questions which you could not solve during the
given time and the ones that you did not solve correctly.
Spend 2 hours on analysis after each mock.

All The Best...

Take care...

gaurav200x

Gaurav Mittal
suggest some plan for remaining 100 dayz...
With 3 months remaining at ur disposal, i.e. Aug, Sept and Oct, you plan should be to try as many mocks as u can. You should have, by now, analysed your strengths and weaknesses. So, u must be knowing in which sections u're strong and in which, u require more effort.

Moreover, u need to know ur chapter-wise potential also. e.g. if u're good at quant, there would be many chapters, which u find tough and where u need more practice. Likewise, if u're not so good in English, then u need to see which sections u are comfortable, and which areas require more input now.

Make sure u keep revising ur basics and have a noteboook where u can jot down all the different types of questions u can encounter and keep practising them.

By now, u're expected to have completed more than 70% of ur syllabus, so that u can work on the mocks. Take mocks every week and analyse them thoroughly. See, ur level of speed and accuracy and how well are u able to tackle it. See which areas u feel supremely confident and which ones u need to work more.

If in the starting, u find that ur scores are low, don't get depressed. U should make a conscious effort to increase ur score eventually.

Go through Newbies Guide to CAT Preparation to see more finer points u need to consider while studying. In case of any help/advice, feel free to ask me.

gaurav_kh3

well... its 22nd sept and i need to boost up now for cat 07.... only 50 days left.... can u send me a sprint calender cuzz i had not yet seriously started anything and now wanna do it at any cost.. plzz help

gaurav200x

Gaurav Mittal
well... its 22nd sept and i need to boost up now for cat 07.... only 50 days left.... can u send me a sprint calender cuzz i had not yet seriously started anything and now wanna do it at any cost.. plzz help

You have posted the same query at http://www.managementparadise.com/forums/showthread.php?p=78907&posted=1#post78907 and i've already replied.

See, i don't want to be negative, so i'll say that nothing is impossible and you can still crack CAT by putting in your best efforts. The first step in preparing is to find out your strengths and weaknesses and know where to put more effort. The basic idea of Common Admission Test (CAT) is to be able to analyse and act. Hence, first you need to be familiar with the concepts and then should be able to work on your strengths and weaknesses, having a fair idea on where you can score well.

Hence it is important to note, while studying, as to what you're good at and what not.... where you need to improve more and where not so much.

This way you could pick out your strengths and weaknesses. Later on, while answering test papers, you could use the same to know which questions to answer and which ones to not to.

Giving a blue print at this stage is very difficult, since I don't know your strengths and weaknesses as yet. However, I would say that spend the next 25 days to study the concepts and the next 25 days in answering the test papers. It would be extremely hard and you would need to spend a minimum of 12-15 hrs everyday to be able to make yourself.

For the rest, we're here to help you.

rahul.singhh98

You have posted the same query at http://www.managementparadise.com/forums/showthread.php?p=78907&posted=1#post78907 and i've already replied.

See, i don't want to be negative, so i'll say that nothing is impossible and you can still crack CAT by putting in your best efforts. The first step in preparing is to find out your strengths and weaknesses and know where to put more effort. The basic idea of Common Admission Test (CAT) is to be able to analyse and act. Hence, first you need to be familiar with the concepts and then should be able to work on your strengths and weaknesses, having a fair idea on where you can score well.

Hence it is important to note, while studying, as to what you're good at and what not.... where you need to improve more and where not so much.

This way you could pick out your strengths and weaknesses. Later on, while answering test papers, you could use the same to know which questions to answer and which ones to not to.

Giving a blue print at this stage is very difficult, since I don't know your strengths and weaknesses as yet. However, I would say that spend the next 25 days to study the concepts and the next 25 days in answering the test papers. It would be extremely hard and you would need to spend a minimum of 12-15 hrs everyday to be able to make yourself.

For the rest, we're here to help you.

Hey nice time line... Do you have any other details regarding vocab preparation...