Why Should We Hire You?

nick18_in

MP Guru
Why should we hire you? Why should you be chosen over others who may have stronger qualifications or experience?

To answer this type of question, it is vital that you know yourself, your strengths, your skills and abilities and be able to communicate these characteristics effectively.
When a recruiter asks such a question an invitation is being made to you to confirm or change a decision the interviewer has been forming about you.

The interviewer may have decided that you are appropriate to proceed with to the next level and is merely looking for an affirmation of what he thinks you bring to the table, or he may be looking for signs that confirm a negative view he/she has and wants to see if the impressions are correct.

If this is asked of you in the beginning of an interview and you have no clue about what the hiring manager is seeking, it is very important that you have a clear idea of what you are going to say beforehand. What are the areas that you have had most success in? What are you good at doing? What do you enjoy doing? What have bosses and team members said about you that highlights your value to the organisation?

A sincere, professional, and conversational style is a great place to start. Smile, look your interviewer or contact in the eye, and engage in a two-way conversation. Listen carefully, respond thoughtfully, and don't disclose your personal details.

On the contrary, if you are asked this question towards the end of the interview, quickly review in your mind what the recruiter said were important ingredients to success in performance of the job. Tell the interviewer the reasons why you are the “Best Fit”. The more details you give, the better your answer will be. This is not the time to talk about what you want. Rather, it is a time to summarise your accomplishments and relate what qualities makes you unique.

Remember, the bottom line of this question is, "What can you do for this company?"
Start by looking at the job description or job posting. What is it that the employer is stressing as requirements of the job? What will it take to get the job done? Make a list of those requirements.

From the list of requirements, match what you have to offer. Communicate very clearly and confidently how you see your experience, skills and abilities serving the needs of the employer. Focus on how you can solve problems. This is your sales pitch. It should not be more than two minutes and should stress the traits that make you a good match for the job. Be certain to have specific examples of how you have added value in the past and be enthusiastic on how you can add value to this organisation.

For Example:
"From our conversation, it sounds as if you're looking for someone to come in and join immediately. It also sounds as if you are facing problems with your financial modules. With my five years of experience working with financial modules, I have saved my company’s expenditure by streamlining the process. My high energy and learning abilities enable me to resolve problems easily. My co-workers would tell you that I'm a team player who has the ability to stay focused in stressful situations and can be counted on during testing times. I'm confident that I will be a great addition to your team”.

Also, think of two or three key qualities you have to offer that match those the employer is seeking. Don't underestimate your personal qualities that makes you unique; your attitude, personality type, working style and people skills are all very relevant to a job. However, if you come across as nervous or unaware of what you have to contribute, then that impression will be left with the interviewer and there will be less chances of progressing to the next level.

Hence, it is important to realize that the "Why should we hire you?" question is not meant as a challenge to your knowledge but is also a very crucial part of the hiring process.

Avneet Sangari

Source :: http://www.naukri.com/ch/ch_detail_article.php?chid=33formmm=y

This is one of the most prevalent question asked in interview. It is very easy to crack, if they ask your strength so, answer them that what you can do which will help their organisation and answer your weakness which indirectly help their organisation. Cracking interview can be very easy but we make it difficult answer with complete zest and you will make it.

Why should we hire you? Why should you be chosen over others who may have stronger qualifications or experience?

To answer this type of question, it is vital that you know yourself, your strengths, your skills and abilities and be able to communicate these characteristics effectively.
When a recruiter asks such a question an invitation is being made to you to confirm or change a decision the interviewer has been forming about you.

The interviewer may have decided that you are appropriate to proceed with to the next level and is merely looking for an affirmation of what he thinks you bring to the table, or he may be looking for signs that confirm a negative view he/she has and wants to see if the impressions are correct.

If this is asked of you in the beginning of an interview and you have no clue about what the hiring manager is seeking, it is very important that you have a clear idea of what you are going to say beforehand. What are the areas that you have had most success in? What are you good at doing? What do you enjoy doing? What have bosses and team members said about you that highlights your value to the organisation?

A sincere, professional, and conversational style is a great place to start. Smile, look your interviewer or contact in the eye, and engage in a two-way conversation. Listen carefully, respond thoughtfully, and don't disclose your personal details.

On the contrary, if you are asked this question towards the end of the interview, quickly review in your mind what the recruiter said were important ingredients to success in performance of the job. Tell the interviewer the reasons why you are the “Best Fit”. The more details you give, the better your answer will be. This is not the time to talk about what you want. Rather, it is a time to summarise your accomplishments and relate what qualities makes you unique.

Remember, the bottom line of this question is, "What can you do for this company?"
Start by looking at the job description or job posting. What is it that the employer is stressing as requirements of the job? What will it take to get the job done? Make a list of those requirements.

From the list of requirements, match what you have to offer. Communicate very clearly and confidently how you see your experience, skills and abilities serving the needs of the employer. Focus on how you can solve problems. This is your sales pitch. It should not be more than two minutes and should stress the traits that make you a good match for the job. Be certain to have specific examples of how you have added value in the past and be enthusiastic on how you can add value to this organisation.

For Example:
"From our conversation, it sounds as if you're looking for someone to come in and join immediately. It also sounds as if you are facing problems with your financial modules. With my five years of experience working with financial modules, I have saved my company’s expenditure by streamlining the process. My high energy and learning abilities enable me to resolve problems easily. My co-workers would tell you that I'm a team player who has the ability to stay focused in stressful situations and can be counted on during testing times. I'm confident that I will be a great addition to your team”.

Also, think of two or three key qualities you have to offer that match those the employer is seeking. Don't underestimate your personal qualities that makes you unique; your attitude, personality type, working style and people skills are all very relevant to a job. However, if you come across as nervous or unaware of what you have to contribute, then that impression will be left with the interviewer and there will be less chances of progressing to the next level.

Hence, it is important to realize that the "Why should we hire you?" question is not meant as a challenge to your knowledge but is also a very crucial part of the hiring process.

Avneet Sangari

Source :: http://www.naukri.com/ch/ch_detail_article.php?chid=33formmm=y

Very nice work nice! I am also adding a document which can give you 15 most important HR interview questions and answers. It will help you guys in your interview preparation, so please check it once and let me know your feedback.

Attachments

• 15-Toughest-Interview-Questions-and-Answers.pdf
    393.4 KB · Views: 0

prasad8

Most interviewer will shoot this question to the candidate who are attending the interview,so the answer must be unique in our own way and must attract Mr.interviewer.One must never show that he is feared or doesn't know the anything about the question which is raised.We must answer it with the skill we posses and the experience we have with us because it speaks better than us.