15 Commandments of Success
Even after months of preparation, some candidates do not perform well inside the interview room. The trick is to follow a few commandments mentioned below & practice them during mock interview sessions diligently. You are sure to crack the personal interview.
1. Listen carefully. Wait a second or two before you answer. And don’t dive into the answer!
2. Speak clearly.
3. Speak on the point. An over-talkative or verbose person is disliked and misjudged instantly, so keep it short.
4. If you don’t know an answer, be honest. Never exaggerate.
5. Never boast about your achievements.
6. Don’t get into an argument with the interviewer on any topic.
7. Be polite.
8. Project enthusiasm.
9. Be cheerful.
10. Maintain perfect eye contact with all panel members.
11. Avoid using slang.
12. Avoid frequent use of words and phrases like, ‘I mean’; ‘You know’; ‘I know’; ‘Well’; ‘As such’; ‘Fine’; ‘Basically’, etc.
13. When questions are asked in English, reply in English only. Do not use Hindi or any other languages. Avoid using Hindi words like matlab, ki, maine, etc.
14. Feel free to ask questions if necessary.
15. Last but not the least, be natural.