3 Mistakes MBA aspirants make!!!!!

saimashaikh

Here are the common mistakes that MBA aspirants make while a Personal Interview :SugarwareZ-197:

I hope this post will help you to not make those mistakes!!

All The Best

READ ON..... :SugarwareZ-026:

saimashaikh

3 Mistakes MBA aspirants make!

1. Blaming your College/School Professor for low scores: You are always 100% responsible for your grades. If you have low scores then don’t ever state that your teacher did not clarify the subject or rushed the topic. Do you think studies at IIM’s or any MBA institutes are designed to be studied in an easy relaxed spoon fed manner? Wrong the MBA curriculum is a real test of your abilities to stay awake and perform at your best. If you blame your teachers - you are out.

2. Blaming ill health: What are you LOSER NO 1? If exam days give you bad health, how will you be able to achieve corporate profit targets? Unless you are actually physically handicapped you cannot be expected to fall ill under mysterious circumstances whenever pressure builds around you. Even if you were truly sick - try to come out with some other reason for your lack of extra curricular activities or low scores.

3. State hobbies just for the heck of it: OK so you enjoy cricket. Do you know the technical details of the game? How many members are there in the BCCI governing council? The IIM professors do not appreciate mere couch potatoes. Hobbies are not merely for adding spice to your CV. State only 2 hobbies and try to learn everything there is to that hobby.

The MBA Personal Interview is actually tougher than job interviews. In job interviews they actually need manpower so they don’t ask tough questions. Here you are being SHORTLISTED against equally capable competitors so they are trying to find means to NOT SELECT you. So be careful with your replies.

indrajit_v5

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I second Saima's take on this topic.....Few more pointers from me

1. Never ever blame anyone for the reason of being in that miserable state. In company interviews, don't blame your previous company. Thats a sin....

2.Be very careful about your hobbies.... An easy way for last minute hobbiers is that you should read about some very rare hobby...The interviewer will not know much and can't ask you very arbit questions....

3. Please remove that goatee and the eye brow pierce marks...You are going for an interview not for a VJ hunt.. It matters... I had outrightly rejected a guy with a goatee.....Because a guy with a goatee cannot represent my company....Period....