Winning Body Language:
Following are some typical interpretations of body language cues:
* Openness and Warmth: open-lipped smiling, open hands with palms visible, unbuttoning coat upon being seated.
* Confidence: leaning forward in chair, chin up, putting tips of fingers of one hand against the tips of fingers of other hand in "praying" or "steepling" position, hands joined behind back when standing.
* Nervousness: smoking, whistling, pinching skin, fidgeting, jiggling pocket contents, running tongue along front of teeth, clearing throat, running fingers through hair, wringing hands, biting on pens or other objects, twiddling thumbs, biting fingernails (action itself or evidence of), tongue clicking.
* Untrustworthy/Defensive: frowning, squinting eyes, tight-lipped grin, arms crossed in front of chest, pulling away, chin down, touching nose or face, darting eyes, looking down when speaking, clenched hands, gestures with fist, pointing with fingers, chopping one hand into the open palm of the other, rubbing back of neck, clasping hands behind head while leaning back in the chair. Some other strategies are:
- Whom Would You Believe?
- The Whites of Their Eyes Technique
- The Sneak Preview Technique
- The Proof Positive Technique
- The Most Important Aspect Of Interviewing
- The Interview Psych Technique
- The Insider Interview Prep Technique