Sample Interview Questions: How will you answer?

vengabeats

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Tell me about yourself... (Your answer should contain much more about your job skills than your personal life.Talk about the growth of your career, what you learned from previous employment or even things like how your volunteer worked help you develop your organizational,time management and leadership skills.

What are your strengths? (If you really enjoy new challenges and tackle them in an organized manner, this would be a useful strength in almost any situation.) You can talk about your ability to find unique solutions to problems. Be prepared with some concrete examples, since that may be the follow-up question.

What are your weaknesses?(A "good" weakness might be that you have trouble leaving the office behind when you go home in the evenings.) This is a very difficult question that is not asked often, but it's one you should prepare for anyway. If you talk about your temper, your tendency to gossip or the fact that you're lazy, you may as well pack up and go home right then. If you mention a weakness such as your lack of patience with people who don't do their share of the work, you should also mention that you keep this impatience to yourself and try very hard not to express it toward others.
Do you have any questions about our company? (If you have paid attention during the interview and if you have done your homework, this would be a good time to ask for more details about some aspect of the company's organizational structure or products. It would not be a good time to ask about your first raise. You could also ask questions about the community, their training program or details about the work environment.)

Where do you expect your career to be in 10 years? (Be careful here. You do not want to give the impression that you're simply using this company as a stepping stone to another career. Think of a related managerial position within the company that would interest you.) There is a story about a young accountant who was asked this question by a CPA firm during an interview. The young accountant replied that he saw himself as the comptroller of a large corporation. In other words, "I'm just using your firm to teach me and then after you spend your resources training me, I will leave to go work for someone else." Needless to say, he was not offered a position with the CPA firm. They know that 75% of the people they hire will leave within 10 years, but they do not want to hire someone who comes in with that plan.
What skills do you have that would benefit our company? (If your skills are not exactly those that the company may have requested, you can point out the skills you have that would be valuable to any company. Examples of these skills are: your ability to plan and execute long-term projects, your ability to organize information into usable data, your ability to research complicated issues, or your ability to work well with a team.) If your skills are not perfect for this particular company, you can mention how quickly you were able to adapt and learn in other situations. Again, be prepared with specific examples in case you are asked to elaborate.

Why did you leave your last job? (This is not an opening to speak badly of your former employer. There is almost always a way of wording the explanation so that you do not sound like a "problem employee" and your former employer does not sound like an undesirable company.) As unfair as it may seem, there is almost no time when you should say something bad about your former employer. You can talk about the lack of potential for upward mobility, the fact that your job responsibilities changed to the point that it no longer fit into your career plan, your need to move to be closer to your aging parents, the need to reduce travel time, your need for a more challenging job, or anything else that does not get into personalities or other conflicts. If you were fired for cause, you may want to be up front about it, explain the circumstances and accept responsibility for your actions. Practice your answers to this question with someone who has interview experience. However, don't lie. If you can't say anything positive a
hi.gif
hi.gif
hi.gif
bout your former employer, don't say anything. It could come back to haunt you.

chaitanya_adkar

really, you are too genious:tea:
your posting is very much valuable to mba aspirants.
keep up, I am expecting more guidance from you.
Best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deepakraam

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Hey Folks,
Jus give a try for the below questions

1.There are 2 persons before you.They are asked to solve a problem.Both of them tried for 1000 times but either of them gets that correct.You have 2 recruit one of the two for your company.Whom will you recruit and why?

2.One night you are travelling by your bike.You are noticing three persons in a bus stand.There was no trace of bus at that time.One of the persons helped you in the past.Another one was your favorite film star.The third was a lady who needs hopitalisation.Whom will you help?(Assume your bike can carry only 2 persons and you can take only one trip)

-Deepak.

gaurav200x

Gaurav Mittal
deepakraam said:
2.One night you are travelling by your bike.You are noticing three persons in a bus stand.There was no trace of bus at that time.One of the persons helped you in the past.Another one was your favorite film star.The third was a lady who needs hopitalisation.Whom will you help?(Assume your bike can carry only 2 persons and you can take only one trip)

-Deepak.

Actually, this has been posted earlier many times.... anyway, i would give the bike to my friend who has helped me in the past and ask him to take the lady to the hospital and then spend my time with the film star...

jayesh_1812

1. WHAT IS DIFFERENCE BETWEEN NEED, WANT AND DEMAND IN MARKETING?
2. WHAT IS THE BUSINESS PRISM?
3. WHAT ARE THE 3P'S OTHER THAN THE NORMAL 4P'S?
4. WHAT ARE THE 7C'S OF MARKETING?
TRANSFER PRICE:
Company sets a Transfer Price (the price it charges another unit in the company- SBU) for goods that it ships to its foreign subsidiaries. If the company charges too high a pric to a subsidiary, it may end up paying high tariff rates although it may pay lower income taxes in the foreign country .. If the country charges too low a transfer price,, than it can be charged with DUMPING as per anti-dumping laws..
Marketing Interview Questions
1. Diff. b/w Marketing and sale?
2. What is STP? and apply stp for any product and service.
3. Five forces model. for telecom industry.
4. Types of marketing and branding?
5. Product line and product mix.
6. what is Above the line and below the line matketing?
7. Push and pull strategy.
Above the line and below the line terms are more so used in advertising...

ATL is when a company uses channels not within its control and which are gen. costly ( newspapers ) to indirectly market the product.... its genreally mass targetted and the objective is to create awareness of the product.

BTL on the other hand.... is done to persuade the customer through use of cheap channels. It is more targeted than the ATL ( like direct marketing.... mailers.... discounts... etc )
18/12/2006 20:38
Product Mix and Product Line
Product Mix would be the breadth of products .... the categories of products tht the company has..

Where as product line would be the the variety and assortment in one particular category..

Eg.. the Product Mix for Tata's would be Automobiles,Steel, Beverages and so on and so forth..

And the Product line for automobiles would be cars( small,Suv), trucks ......

For Beverages wuld be Tea, coffee and so on..
18/12/2006 21:22
Umbrella branding refers to branding of products, services or ideas under the mother brand name. Mostly when the mother brand is very successful then the company extends this name to other new product lines and may be to the entire product mix.
Eg. Reliance had named many of its products upon its mother brand name of Reliance. Reliance energy, reliance poly-fibers, Reliance telecom etc..
Eg. Harley Davidson launching a range of apparels and accessories.

But this strategy is not always successful coz the stakes are high when u r using a successful brand name to promote a new product in the market. And once such a condition comes the superb mother brand suffers a lot bcoz of the new product failure.
Taking the same example as above....Harley Davidson though succeeded in positioning its apparels n accessories, but it failed when it used its good old brand name for a range of perfumes.
Eg: AMUL fearing this kind of failure launched its pizza chain in the name of "Snow-Cap Pizza".
--------------X---------------

Pull and Push
Pull strategy is applied when the product or the brand has a unique selling proposition and has a clear competitive advantage over its competitors. In such situations the demand is created and the market itself pulls the product and drives it.
Under this strategy the firm concentrates mostly on distribution, supply chain, awareness is grown. Other aspects of marketing take the back foot except the specific competitive advantage.
Eg. iPod
Push strategy is used normally when product or service or brand is not that attractive to create its own demand. In such cases to attain profitability the firm pushes the product into the market so that its use and consumption can be increased ...in due course of time the specific product may create its demand. Company focuses on increasing sales and use anyhow.
Eg. Insurance
other 3P's
People, Process and Physical Evidence
19/12/2006 10:25
NEED ,,WANT ,,DEMAND
NEED = BASIC NECESSITIES OF LIFE... i.e. eatind , education
want= what is the persons interest.. all needs are not wants.. education is a need and includes many wants "want to b an engineer. want to b an MBA etc".. so its a devision of needs further.. on personal perception bases and diff cherecteristics.
deman= the want of person backed by puying power. i.e a person has the ability to purchase car... will deman for it
21/12/2006 09:55
SBU - strategic business unit
MBO - management by objective
21/12/2006 10:29
sku -- stock keeping unit
mbe - management by exception...
now lets eloborate these 4 terms
21/12/2006 23:33
SBU is one business of a large conglomerate...

Conglomerates usually have a lot of diff businesses... each of these is called n SBU..

like reliance industries is a conglomerate

and each of its businesses... reliance petro, Reliance comm, Reliance reail..... are alll its SBU's
22/12/2006 08:03
if we have to define MBO- management by objectives in very very simple and actual terms then it will be a philosphy in which a senior manager tries to match the objectives of employees by the objectives of the orgaganisation by asking the employee himself to set his target
23/12/2006 11:16
sbu
divisions of business, which may have different type of business, have its own management, budgets etc and independent

demarketing
it is a process done to reduce the demand of a particular product that is available in scarce.ex:water
it can also be done for the welafare of the public.ex:alcohol
The Seven-Ss is a framework for analyzing organizations and their effectiveness. It looks at the seven key elements that make the organizations successful, or not: strategy; structure; systems; style; skills; staff; and shared values.

Consultants at McKinsey & Company developed the 7S model in the late 1970s to help managers address the difficulties of organizational change. The model shows that organizational immune systems and the many interconnected variables involved make change complex, and that an effective change effort must address many of these issues simultaneously.
27/12/2006 08:00
Ambush Marketing
Ambush amrketing is commonly an unauthorised association by businesses of their names, brands, products or services with a sports eveent or competition through any one or more of a wide range of marketing activities. "Unauthorised" in the sense that the controller of the commercial rights in such events, usually the governing body, has neither sanctioned nor licensed the association itself or through its commercial agents.
Example-

the 1996 cricket World Cup held in the sub-continent. Though Coca-Cola was the `official' sponsor of the event, Pepsi stole the limelight with its `Nothing official about it' tagline. The instance perhaps marks the most famous example of `ambush marketing' (a marketing tactic which gained prominence globally in the Eighties) in India.

© JobsAssist.com (www.jobsassist.com ) and VyomWorld.com (www.vyomworld.com ) – Free Student Resources
43. How do you propose to compensate for your lack of experience?
First, if you have experience that the interviewer does not know about, bring that up: Then,
point out (if true) that you are a hard working quick learner.
44. What qualities do you look for in a boss?
Be generic and positive. Safe qualities are knowledgeable, a sense of humor, fair, loyal to
subordinates and holder of high standards. All bosses think they have these traits.
45. Tell me about a time when you helped resolve a dispute between others.
Pick a specific incident. Concentrate on your problem solving technique and not the dispute
you settled.
46. What position do you prefer on a team working on a project?
Be honest. If you are comfortable in different roles, point that out.
47. Describe your work ethic.
Emphasize benefits to the organization. Things like, determination to get the job done and
work hard but enjoy your work are good.
48. What has been your biggest professional disappointment?
Be sure that you refer to something that was beyond your control. Show acceptance and no
negative feelings.
49. Tell me about the most fun you have had on the job.
Talk about having fun by accomplishing something for the organization.
50. Do you have any questions for me?
Always have some questions prepared. Questions prepared where you will be an asset to
the organization are good. How soon will I be able to be productive? and What type of
projects will I be able to assist on? are examples.

jerryvn01

Hey Folks,
Jus give a try for the below questions

1.There are 2 persons before you.They are asked to solve a problem.Both of them tried for 1000 times but either of them gets that correct.You have 2 recruit one of the two for your company.Whom will you recruit and why?

-Deepak.

Hi,

Thanks very much for this comment. It help me to think about my ideals.

Tks again and pls keep posting.

helianthusdd

Great post!
They're exactly the questions I was asked in my interview.
Can you give samples for answers beside suggestions?
Tks advance!

Getting job for freshers is very difficult unless and until you have sources. But, you answer perfect answers to the given question you can get job easily. Questions are give below.

HR interview questions and answers for freshers

Tell me something about your self.
Why does this role interest you? Or why have you applied for this job?
Why do you think should we take you for this job?
Are you an Introvert or Extrovert?
What is your greatest strength?
What do you want to achieve in the next 5 years?
What skills do you want to develop to succeed in this role?
Are you planning to go for further studies?
What newspaper/magazine/book do you read?
Introduce yourself
Tell me something about yourself that is no written in your resume.
Do you know anyone who works with this company?
Do you have any other offer at hand?
Do you have any questions for us?