Go Back   ManagementParadise.com | Management & Business Education Learning Platform Resolve Your Query - Get Help and discuss Projects > Miscellaneous Project Reports

Games Released Dates

Discuss Games Released Dates within the Miscellaneous Project Reports forums, part of the Resolve Your Query - Get Help and discuss Projects category; Released Dates Retail games have been criticised for shipping their products late. Action and sports title are known to ship ...

Games Released Dates
Old
 (1 (permalink))
Sunanda K. Chavan
sunandaC has a spectacular aura aboutsunandaC has a spectacular aura aboutsunandaC has a spectacular aura about

sunandaC
Management Paradise Guru

Games Released Dates - October 11th, 2010

Released Dates

Retail games have been criticised for shipping their products late. Action and sports title are known to ship at the earliest, but publishers do not take any special efforts to release lesser-known titles early.

Retail games cannot even imagine trying to compete with pirating models like Odey Warez, wherein a game is released on the web the very day the CD comes to the public. Pirated games reach the Indian shores within a month, usually from South East Asian Countries.

This is not due to any particular efficiency on their part. Shipping beta copies of the game often helps. “I was surprised to see Half-life on the streets so soon, I bought a copy only to find it was a demo Day-one CD.” Sobs Arvind.

Sachin (Milestone) assures us “As regards this release gap, I think we are now moving toward a situation where we would be able to launch within a week of the International release date.

These things do take time and our relationship with our publishers is progressing to this level. I can assure you that 2001 will be the different
Advertisements

Friends: (0)