can anyone help on this question???

kuryu

"Purchasing is more important in today's industrial firms than it was 100 years ago"
Discuss.

Can anyone have notes or can give ideas on which information should i research on this?

Kindly appreciate help on this.

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
Check out notes in the production management section.

Link theories of just in time and kaizen and kanban to production.

Use example of toyota cars on their production strategies.

There are plenty of Japanese companies examples available on the net which you can use to show how their efficiency doubled and their profits quadrapled because of new production management strategies.

manthan_479

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
hey u solution lies in d problem itself,
1st explain business 100 yrs back hw it was handled
professionaly or family oriented?

hw was competiton etc...den say hw purchasing dept gain its imp...due to various reasons like budget, competiton...etc... add theory to every points...

manthan_479

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
al so dnt 4get to add imp of hw purchasing differs from firm to firm dealing in different commodities n exaplain y?

"Purchasing is more important in today's industrial firms than it was 100 years ago"
Discuss.

Can anyone have notes or can give ideas on which information should i research on this?

Kindly appreciate help on this.

Hey kuryu, it is a nice topic to discuss here and i did a search in order to find as much information as possible. So, i am uploading a document where you will find important information regarding purchasing function.

Attachments

• Purchasing.ppt
    885.5 KB · Views: 0