Discuss Advantages of Projective Techniques within the Marketing Research forums, part of the Resolve Your Query - Get Help and discuss Projects category; Advantages of Projective Techniques
1. They may elicit responses that subjects would be unwilling or unable to give if they ...
Advantages of Projective Techniques -
October 21st, 2010
Advantages of Projective Techniques
1. They may elicit responses that subjects would be unwilling or unable to give if they knew the purpose of the study.
2. Helpful when the issues to be addressed are personal, sensitive, or subject to strong social norms.
3. Helpful when underlying motivations, beliefs, and attitudes are operating at a subconscious level.
4. Disadvantages of Projective Techniques
5. Suffer from many of the disadvantages of unstructured direct techniques, but to a greater extent.
6. Require highly trained interviewers.
7. Skilled interpreters are also required to analyze the responses.
8. There is a serious risk of interpretation bias.
9. They tend to be expensive.
10. May require respondents to engage in unusual behavior.
11. Guidelines for Using Projective Techniques
12. Projective techniques should be used because the required information cannot be accurately obtained by direct methods.
13. Projective techniques should be used for exploratory research to gain initial insights and understanding.
14. Given their complexity, projective techniques should not be used naively.
Re: Advantages of Projective Techniques -
May 25th, 2015
Projective techniques usually is the best method to get the ind=sight of the consumer. But sometimes it can mislead and creates confusion. In market research projective technology is widely acknowledge. Their are four projective technique commonly used are: