Measuring the Advertisement Impact of Coke -
June 15th, 2008
The problem statement under consideration is “to study the impact of chota coke ads on its sales”. Coke is a product very commonly consumed by us. Coke’s advertising has always been very popular and important point is how much has this advertisement aided in improving its sales. This is the basic aim for taking up this project.
Recently coke has adopted more indianisation to its ads with “paanch matlab chota coke” and introduction of chota coke (Rs 5). Therefore this study is based on finding the impact of these ads on the company sales. The project is important with respect to advertising agencies, students for future research and companies (in terms of importance of an ad in bringing sales to the company).
The literature survey includes official coke statistics, newspaper and magazine articles and the websites. I have used books on research and advertising management by authors like Roger Barton, Frank Jefkins and Philip Kolter. The target population has been that of students (age 15-25 yrs) of Mira road. Pilot studies, followed by survey method (self-administered questionnaire) have been used to collect the data.
The analysis has been done using SPSS. The important findings of the survey are:
1. The maximum coke consumers drink coke 1-5 times in a month.
2. 97% of the respondents consumed coke.
3. All the respondents have seen the ad.
4. Advertisements of chota coke have been viewed maximum on TV and hoardings
5. Aamir khan is the most preferred brand ambassador
6. 69% of the people felt like buying coke after watching the Aamir khan chota coke commercial.
7. 200 ml (Chota Coke) is the most preferred quantity of consumption.
8. Loyal customers constitute 32% of the respondents
9. We have accepted our null hypothesis.( the proportion of coke consuming population has increased after watching the commercial)
Thus i can conclude that my study has been successful and the ads have made a definite impact on its sales and people have indeed started consuming more of coke after watching the commercial.
The coke ad therefore has the ingredients of successful advertising. It has the creativity to attract and win the attention, interest and eventually the action of consumers by using innumerable media leading to higher sales and customer value.