Bottled Water Industry

projects4mp

EXECUTIVE SUMMARY

While the unimaginable growth rates of more than 38 % and even 100% can be explained due to lower base the present growth rate of 25-30% is sustainable for another 5-6 years.

The market size of bottled water too is expected to surpass the size of soft drinks market in near future. The next in queue seems to be HLL, which too has identified the bottled water as a growth area for future. The company is presently looking or some suitable brand for acquisition. Britannia too evinced some initial interest in the market but now seems to have postponed its plans. The existing players too are set to expand their distribution network to have their presence across the country.

The market is also expected to undergo a major consolidation phase. As one of the major factors that are important for success in the market is the distribution network, the players with deep pockets are expected to go for acquisition of existing small regional players to spread their network across the country. Though Coke and Pepsi have both, well established distribution network as well as bottling & manufacturing plants, they seems to be at an advantage but players like HLL with strong financial muscle can easily turn the tables in their favour through acquisition route .

It is expected that the market would continue to grow at a healthy rate of 25-30% for few years from now and the market size too, is expected to increase to Rs. 17bn by 2004-5.

2. Objectives of the Study:

The objectives of the study are :

1) To review the Bottled Water Industry,
2) To study the consumption pattern of bottled water of various sectors such as Corporate, Cinema halls, Caterers etc.
3) To study the popularity of different brands and their market share in various sectors such as Corporate, Cinema halls, Caterers etc. in category of 20 ltr jar.

Attachments

• Bottled Water Industry.doc
    342 KB · Views: 490

godspeed14

Good post...This is very helpful. Can any one post reports or research done on the bottled water industry and in particular Himalaya Water. This will be very helpful. Thanks.

adityagejji

Banned
thanks good data collection, the rsuarch is done good and the quality of the work and the necessary facts and figures are done very gooood

saikanna

Hi this is sai krishna doing my mba
thank u very much for this post its very useful.
please allow me to download i am in need of it.it helps me a lot in my project work

shaniruh

I am doing my final project on effect of packaging on mineral water sales , if you kindly help me with relevant research reports related to my project.

priyankakore

very helpful ...thanks

i am doing a advertising and marketing plan.....have to submit by the 11th of jan
hoping that this will give a few insights into the market!!

Thanks Once again

Regards,
Priyanka

Prisha

Hi I am doing a project on perception of bottled drinking water brands, so need a glimpse of this project. How to download this?

jamescord

MP Guru
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY

While the unimaginable growth rates of more than 38 % and even 100% can be explained due to lower base the present growth rate of 25-30% is sustainable for another 5-6 years.

The market size of bottled water too is expected to surpass the size of soft drinks market in near future. The next in queue seems to be HLL, which too has identified the bottled water as a growth area for future. The company is presently looking or some suitable brand for acquisition. Britannia too evinced some initial interest in the market but now seems to have postponed its plans. The existing players too are set to expand their distribution network to have their presence across the country.

The market is also expected to undergo a major consolidation phase. As one of the major factors that are important for success in the market is the distribution network, the players with deep pockets are expected to go for acquisition of existing small regional players to spread their network across the country. Though Coke and Pepsi have both, well established distribution network as well as bottling & manufacturing plants, they seems to be at an advantage but players like HLL with strong financial muscle can easily turn the tables in their favour through acquisition route .

It is expected that the market would continue to grow at a healthy rate of 25-30% for few years from now and the market size too, is expected to increase to Rs. 17bn by 2004-5.

2. Objectives of the Study:

The objectives of the study are :

1) To review the Bottled Water Industry,
2) To study the consumption pattern of bottled water of various sectors such as Corporate, Cinema halls, Caterers etc.
3) To study the popularity of different brands and their market share in various sectors such as Corporate, Cinema halls, Caterers etc. in category of 20 ltr jar.

Hey friend,

I am also uploading a document which will give more detailed explanation on the Advertising Supplement of Bottled Water.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Advertising Supplement of Bottled Water.pdf
    337.1 KB · Views: 0