Go Back   ManagementParadise.com | Management & Business Education Learning Platform PUBLISH / UPLOAD PROJECT OR DOWNLOAD REFERENCE PROJECT > Marketing Research ( MR )

Measuring Hypothesis Test

Discuss Measuring Hypothesis Test within the Marketing Research ( MR ) forums, part of the PUBLISH / UPLOAD PROJECT OR DOWNLOAD REFERENCE PROJECT category; Measuring the power of a Hypothesis Test The measure of how well the test is working is called the power ...

Measuring Hypothesis Test
Old
 (1 (permalink))
Abhijeet S
abhishreshthaa is a splendid one to beholdabhishreshthaa is a splendid one to beholdabhishreshthaa is a splendid one to beholdabhishreshthaa is a splendid one to beholdabhishreshthaa is a splendid one to beholdabhishreshthaa is a splendid one to beholdabhishreshthaa is a splendid one to behold

abhishreshthaa
Operations Manager at Management Paradise
Management Paradise Guru

Measuring Hypothesis Test - September 7th, 2010

Measuring the power of a Hypothesis Test

• The measure of how well the test is working is called the power of the test.

• Type I error occurs when we reject Ho which is true and a (the significance level of the test) is the probability of making type - I error.

• Once the significance level is fixed, nothing can be done about a.

• Type II error occurs when we accept Ho which is false.

• The probability of type II error is b. The smaller the value of b, the better is the test. Alternately ( 1 - b ) i.e. the probability of rejecting Ho when it is false should be as large as possible.

• Thus (1 - b ) is the measure of the power of the test. If we plot the values of ( 1 - b ) for each value of m f2 for which Ha is true, the resulting curve is known as a power curve.

• You can see from the figure given below that the power is simply ( 1 - b ). In testing of a hypothesis high power is desirable.
Advertisements

Help Others > Network > Grow

Work with us part time/full time as forum moderator. Email us your resume on careers @ managementparadise.com PLS PRESS THANKS BUTTON IF U LIKED MY POST.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Friends: (0)
Old
 (2 (permalink))
James Cord
jamescord is an unknown quantity at this point

jamescord
Management Paradise Guru

March 1st, 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishreshthaa View Post
Measuring the power of a Hypothesis Test

• The measure of how well the test is working is called the power of the test.

• Type I error occurs when we reject Ho which is true and a (the significance level of the test) is the probability of making type - I error.

• Once the significance level is fixed, nothing can be done about a.

• Type II error occurs when we accept Ho which is false.

• The probability of type II error is b. The smaller the value of b, the better is the test. Alternately ( 1 - b ) i.e. the probability of rejecting Ho when it is false should be as large as possible.

• Thus (1 - b ) is the measure of the power of the test. If we plot the values of ( 1 - b ) for each value of m f2 for which Ha is true, the resulting curve is known as a power curve.

• You can see from the figure given below that the power is simply ( 1 - b ). In testing of a hypothesis high power is desirable.
Buddy,

i found some important information Hypothesis Testing Objectives and wanna share it with you and other's. So please download and check it.

I am uploading a document which will give more detailed explanation on the Hypothesis Testing and ANOVA.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Hypothesis Testing Objectives.pdf (80.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf Hypothesis Testing and ANOVA.pdf (625.0 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by kartik; March 2nd, 2016 at 11:36 AM..

Friends: (0)