Originally Posted by abhishreshthaa
INFORMATION SYSTEMS, DECISION SUPPORT SYSTEMS, AND MARKETING RESEARCH
- An information system (IS) is a continuing and interacting structure of people, equipment, and procedures designed to gather, sort, analyze, evaluate, and distribute pertinent, timely, and accurate information to decision makers.
- While marketing research is concerned mainly with the actual content of the information and how it is to be generated, the information system is concerned with managing the flow of data from many different projects and secondary sources to the managers who will use it.
- This requires database to organize and store the information and a decision support system (DSS) to retrieve data, transform it into usable information, and disseminate to users.
Information systems contain three types of information.
Decision support system
- 1. The first is recurring day-today information.
- 2. A second type of information is intelligence relevant to the future strategy of the business.
- 3. A third input to the information system is research studies that are not of a recurring nature. The potential usefulness of a marketing research study can be multiplied manifold if the information is accessible instead of filed and forgotten. However, the potential exists that others may use the study, although perhaps not in the way it was originally intended.
Application information system to marketing research
- Database have no value if the insights they contain cannot be retrieved.
- A decision support system not only allows the manager to interact directly with the database to retrieve what is wanted, it also provides a modeling function to help make sense of what has been retrieved.
- The information system serves to emphasize that marketing research should not exist in isolation as a single effort to obtain information.
- Rather, it should be part of a systematic and continuous effort by the organization to improve the decision-making process.
Hey abhi, it is very nice to see that you are sharing such kind of important information which can help many students. Well, i have also got some information on research system in marketing research and would like to share it with you. So please download and check it.