celebrity endorsement

rsumeet

celebrity endorsement
Stars, who are known to shape destinies, cast an enormous influence on the providence of brand. One approving nod from a famous face can translate into millions in brand sales. Perhaps that’s why the world over, companies have been using stars to endorse everything, from food to food chains, from soft and hard drinks to health drinks, from clothes and accessories to cars. Even political parties are awestruck by the charisma of stars. Such is the magnetism of celebrities in this country.
Signing up stars for endorsements is a time-tested strategy and has been effectively used by some of the top brands in the world including Nike and Pepsi. In India too, HLL has used Hindi film stars to endorse their beauty soap Lux since the sixties been successfully able to position the soap as the 'beauty soap.
Vimal, Thums Up, Gwalior and Dinesh are some of the other brands that used star-appeal in the early days of mass advertising & the same thing today is done by the brands like Provogue & nakshatra.
Establishes Credibility: Approval of a brand by a star fosters a sense of trust for that brand among the target audience- this is especially true in case of new products. Consumers perceive the brand as having superior quality because it has been endorsed by a credible source. This makes endorsement as one of the indictors of quality for any brand. This is exactly what happened in the advertisement of Ford Fiesta with Abhishek Bachan.
Attracts Attention: Celebrities ensure attention of the target group by breaking the clutter of advertisements thus making the ad and the brand more noticeable. In simple words they r perceived to be more trustworthy eg during the period of cola crises when there was the issue of pesticides the Chairman of pepsi himself came onscreen so as to gather trust of masses.
Associative Benefit: A celebrity’s preference for a brand gives out a persuasive message - because the celebrity is benefiting from the brand, the consumer will also benefit. eg catrina in veet
Psychographic Connect: Stars are loved and adored by their fans and advertisers use stars to capitalise on these feelings to sway the fans towards their brand. Eg boost & sachin
To Follow Competition. To further boost up the sales companies go for celebrity endorsement……like Amitabh Bachchan, who has been used by some companies like Parker Pens and ICICI Home Loans has done remarkably well in this regard.
Demographic Connect: Each celebrity has a unique set of meanings, which can be listed by age, gender, race, wealth, personality or lifestyle. In this way, the celebrities encode a set of meanings in their image. For example Preity Zinta can be seen as a lively, charming, bubbly, witty and enthusiastic person.
Celebrity Expertise perceived relevant – Expertise is the knowledge that the communicator seems to possess to support the claims made in the advertisements. A well-known face would obviously speak for more expertise than an ordinary one. -For example Reebok would always be better advertised by a Sachin Tendulkar.

Attachments

• Final1.ppt
    683 KB · Views: 126

Nems

thnx a lot
its really helpful actually my 100marks topic is d same so if u hv d project plz if possible post it here it wud realy b helpful.

anil_gupta660

my project is on this topic n i dont hav a literarture review, how can i get dat n i dont know d working of this site,plz help me out

krishna.bhatia

hey good stuff .......my project is on in;film advertising....any idea how do i get more stuff relating to it??
pl help me out man i am new here .....thnx

komal0604

Re: celebrity

i have a good article regarding celebrity endorsement ... plz find the attachment

Attachments

• celeb5.doc
    134 KB · Views: 18

prasadrao

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
gud work buddy can u also upload the hard copy of this project so that v all can get better idea of the entire research...
cheers