skyhew

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Contemporary marketing practices in Russia
Ralf Wagner
Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Marketing, University of Bielefeld, Bielefeld, Germany

Keywords: Cluster analysis, Marketing, Relationship marketing, Regional marketing, Russia Paper type Research paper

Originality/value The paper brings Russian markets into the academic discussion. Additionally, the use of association analysis for the evaluation of patterns of marketing activities and their success is introduced.

Abstract:

Purpose – This study investigates the validity of the relationship paradigm in contrast with the marketing-mix paradigm with respect to modern Russian markets. Moreover, the specifics of Russian marketing practices are outlined and a comparison with marketing practices in other countries is provided.
Design/methodology/approach – The paper is rooted in the theoretical framework of the “Contemporary Marketing Practices” project. Data about marketing practices are gathered with standardised questionnaires and groups of organisations are identified using cluster analysis, the gap criterion, and canonical discriminant analysis. By comparing scores for relational marketing as well as transactional marketing, the marketing practices are described and contrasted with those in Argentina and Canada. To assess the success of different combinations of marketing activities, association rules are computed.
Findings – Contemporary Russian marketing practices cover only a narrow spectrum of the diversity of marketing practices observed in other nations, and the overall intensity of marketing activities is low in comparison with international benchmarks. Overall, the relevance of the traditional transactional marketing concept holds for current practices and market conditions in Russia. Relational activities are considered as merely additional rather than as alternative options of developing organisations’ marketing. Practitioners can adjust their marketing to the patterns of profitable activities revealed by this investigation. In particular, the new possibilities arising from IT-based marketing are found to be not utilised by vendors who are already established in Russian markets.

Attachments

• 9.doc
    255.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 9.pdf
    156 KB · Views: 14

jiten005

Banned
Contemporary marketing practices in Russia
Ralf Wagner
Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Marketing, University of Bielefeld, Bielefeld, Germany

Keywords: Cluster analysis, Marketing, Relationship marketing, Regional marketing, Russia Paper type Research paper

Originality/value The paper brings Russian markets into the academic discussion. Additionally, the use of association analysis for the evaluation of patterns of marketing activities and their success is introduced.

Hey dear, i think you did a great job and your content on Contemporary marketing practices in Russia would help many people. BTW, i thought i should also add something so i am uploading a document which would give useful information on Contemporary marketing practices in Russia.

Attachments

• Contemporary marketing practices in Russia.pdf
    330.7 KB · Views: 0